New preloader- please help lol

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
I survived the second night/morning. used what y’all said here and only stacked out RDL and a couple of big items. The union rep works on My line and saw me this morning and said holy crap you came back after yesterday?! Everyone was a lot more helpful today with tips and stuff so I’m gonna stick with it. I appreciate the replies y’all
you can put rdl and rdr's on the shelf above the spot if you dont use it

MarvelousMunata

The Scapegoat With Attitude
It can get rough but stick it out.
From wat i see youre starting out just like everyone else.
Most women who come in dont stay long so its awesome to see them in preload, period. So every day you come back shows how tough you are.
Theres a lady in our hub about ur height n she at one point used a step to load the top shelves. But if its heavy like that u need to put it on the floor. Do not hurt urself.
Doesnt matter ur size or strength. Work safe. Dont do anything thatll lead to a major injury.

Get to know your steward btw. U may need em. When i needed mine i didnt even know what a steward was.

Jstpeachy

Thanks! There was no training whatsoever so that made day 1 really tough. When I showed back up this morning after having almost a full 350pc truck thrown on the floor the day before lol everyone on my line was like oh awesome you’re back! Lol and started helping me a ton with advice, fixing my scanner when it spazzed out etc. the first day I got ignored and they just watched me crash and burn lol

Jstpeachy

Is a steward the same as the rep? There is a guy on my line that was introduced to me as the union rep. He came over at the end to help me figure out the last of the RDL and checked in all shift to make sure I was ok.

MarvelousMunata

Is a steward the same as the rep? There is a guy on my line that was introduced to me as the union rep. He came over at the end to help me figure out the last of the RDL and checked in all shift to make sure I was ok.
Yea i believe so. Get to know ur contract and rights from em. After u make ur 30 days u can use all the union info they give u.
Right now ur not protected by union. But once u make ur 30 work days u will be.

Jstpeachy

Another random question, do loaders work the same truck daily? Or is that a the newer people just fill in older loafers have a set truck set situation? The trucks I’m doing now the driver said “their loader” is on vacation... so I’m guessing when he comes back I’ll move somewhere else... just as I learn how these trucks should go haha

Jstpeachy

Bwahahaha he might have been but as long as he’s helping me load the RDL madness whatever dude look don’t touch and hand me the next box

MarvelousMunata

Another random question, do loaders work the same truck daily? Or is that a the newer people just fill in older loafers have a set truck set situation? The trucks I’m doing now the driver said “their loader” is on vacation... so I’m guessing when he comes back I’ll move somewhere else... just as I learn how these trucks should go haha
Yea. They use the lesser seniority people where they need. Dont be surprised if they use u on other boxlines too.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
most of the time you get your own set but you are new so they will move u around

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
thinking of it like a bookshelf and then trusting your gut on the larger bulk pieces is good.
You may notice that there are normal hins 1-8999 and then some odd balls, mainly the floor rdl rdr but also 6990, 7990, 8990 etc
these hins are taken out of the average lineup and were forced into those locations, if they don't make sense to be there, spread it out

old levi's

blank space
I survived the second night/morning. used what y’all said here and only stacked out RDL and a couple of big items. The union rep works on My line and saw me this morning and said holy crap you came back after yesterday?! Everyone was a lot more helpful today with tips and stuff so I’m gonna stick with it. I appreciate the replies y’all

Good luck on your journey

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
I dont like getting help from people who dont wana help. They mess up the load on purpose just to get out of there.
The issue is that 9/10 unless someone takes charge and becomes the leader and the rest actually listen and act out their instructions a bunch of "help" turns into an absolute mess.

Utility81

Yes they normally load the same set. Then every once in awhile IE likes to shake things up. Put routes, several zips away next to each other. Oh hey! They can’t service these misloads. Better change that up.

Jstpeachy

I’m still kickin going into week 4, starting to pick up Monday’s to get that 6th punch OT lol. Question, is it 30 days since hire or 30 working days until your probation period is over? I got my union application to turn in tomorrow and just wondering how the probation timeline is calculated. Pt preload in the southern supplement

Rack em

Made the Podium
I’m still kickin going into week 4, starting to pick up Monday’s to get that 6th punch OT lol. Question, is it 30 days since hire or 30 working days until your probation period is over? I got my union application to turn in tomorrow and just wondering how the probation timeline is calculated. Pt preload in the southern supplement
30 working days. You guys are lucky, where I'm at the probation period for PT is 70 working days.