Calling in w/ advance notice

What'dyabringmetoday???

We had a center manager blast a long time driver for taking a day off for a regular check up. Said he had 6 weeks of vacation and needed to use that time for doctors appointments. Blah blah blah. This guy was the reason everyone was screwed that day and sups were working.

I talked to the driver a few weeks later. They had begged him to cancel the appointment twice already and come to work. He did but if he canceled a 3rd time the doctor would drop him as a patient.

To sum it up. They are never prepared. So do what you need to do whenever is convenient for you.
Ever notice they are always short but never have extra? Odd. Lol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Call in and dont play nice anymore, did you think they were going to thank you for the heads up and say were so grateful you told us you cant come in because your busy with you life. I'm glad you have learned your lesson, I have heard from my union steward that you can not call in on a day that you requested off that got denied. My guess is that you will be alright, but dont push the issue and just call in from now on.
Ummmm why can’t you call in on a day you requested off but got denied?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
Yeah....why tf would you tell them you're going to call out? If you're doing it just to take the day off and aren't actually sick just do it on a day that's not slammed heavy, and go about your day guilt free. Everybody needs a mental health day to recharge the batteries once in a while

I like to give myself one "freebee" a year. Exactly one time a year if I feel like banging out just to lay around then I do it. That way you don't burn all your sick leave in case you actually do get sick, and they don't have any ammunition to retaliate.

Faceplanted

I like to give myself one "freebee" a year. Exactly one time a year if I feel like banging out just to lay around then I do it. That way you don't burn all your sick leave in case you actually do get sick, and they don't have any ammunition to retaliate.
I take 8 freebies a year because that’s how many option days I get. IF I get sick after I just go to the doc and bring in documentation.

I do all types of fun stuff, bar b q and beer for breakfast, go to the beach, decided to take a long weekend and go out of town, play golf, sleep all day ect. The options are endless.

I take 8 freebies a year because that’s how many option days I get. IF I get sick after I just go to the doc and bring in documentation.

I do all types of fun stuff, bar b q and beer for breakfast, go to the beach, decided to take a long weekend and go out of town, play golf, sleep all day ect. The options are endless.
For sure, the way I see it, option days/week and vacation are for planning stuff like that. If I don't have option days to use for that kind of stuff, then I don't make the plans.
As hard as this job is, we do get hooked up with plenty of paid time off.

Indecisi0n

Stop playing games noobs . We are men act like it . Mangement doesnt care what you need off for and giving them a heads up only gives them a reason to come after you. Don't say :censored2:, call out an hour before your shift. Case closed locking thread .

currahee

One hour notice. "Hello Sup this is Currahee I'm Booking off sick or personal". That is all they get. If they give me a hard time . i repeat my name and that im booking off. Then hang up.

Dough99

914684FB-5807-4F86-BD42-ACD6D4BE5107.jpeg

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Ummmm why can’t you call in on a day you requested off but got denied?
Steward told me it would be considered job abandonment, since you requested the day off and got denied it looks like you abandoned your job. That's what we have been told and is a past practice, if you would like you can contact my local BA and ask him yourself if you would like.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Steward told me it would be considered job abandonment, since you requested the day off and got denied it looks like you abandoned your job. That's what we have been told and is a past practice, if you would like you can contact my local BA and ask him yourself if you would like.

That’s a friend’ing lie and you know it. Just tell them you are taking yourself out of service for that day. Call back in when your coming back.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down

That’s a friend’ing lie and you know it. Just tell them you are taking yourself out of service for that day. Call back in when your coming back.
Not a lie by any means, came straight from my stewards mouth and I highly doubt he is lying to me. He is a 30+ veteran that I trust so that's what I will go off of until I hear otherwise.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Not a lie by any means, came straight from my stewards mouth and I highly doubt he is lying to me. He is a 30+ veteran that I trust so that's what I will go off of until I hear otherwise.
Well I’m here to tell you otherwise. That’s complete bs troll.

No halfway knowledgeable steward would say that.