Calling in w/ advance notice

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by hegro, Jan 10, 2019 at 6:25 PM.

1. What'dyabringmetoday???

What'dyabringmetoday??? Well-Known Member

Ever notice they are always short but never have extra? Odd. Lol.

2. Brownslave688

Brownslave688 You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

He said he was in the central but yeah you’re right. Sounds like maybe it’s 2 hours for @MendozaJ

3. Wally

Wally Hailing from Parts Unknown.

Because they play "Let's Make A Deal" and call up select drivers to take the over.

4. What'dyabringmetoday???

Wasn't questioning if they were right- saying that it's different everywhere. And that seems like it could be uniform.

5. Brownslave688

Ummmm why can’t you call in on a day you requested off but got denied?

6. Brownslave688

Like you said it’s crazy how much some things that would seem simple and uniform company wide are different depending on location.

7. What'dyabringmetoday???

I hope Big Union Guy....doesn't see this. Lol.

8. Netsua 3:16

Netsua 3:16 Active Member

Yeah....why tf would you tell them you're going to call out? If you're doing it just to take the day off and aren't actually sick just do it on a day that's not slammed heavy, and go about your day guilt free. Everybody needs a mental health day to recharge the batteries once in a while

9. Netsua 3:16

I like to give myself one "freebee" a year. Exactly one time a year if I feel like banging out just to lay around then I do it. That way you don't burn all your sick leave in case you actually do get sick, and they don't have any ammunition to retaliate.

10. Faceplanted

Faceplanted Well-Known Member

I take 8 freebies a year because that’s how many option days I get. IF I get sick after I just go to the doc and bring in documentation.

I do all types of fun stuff, bar b q and beer for breakfast, go to the beach, decided to take a long weekend and go out of town, play golf, sleep all day ect. The options are endless.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Netsua 3:16

For sure, the way I see it, option days/week and vacation are for planning stuff like that. If I don't have option days to use for that kind of stuff, then I don't make the plans.
    As hard as this job is, we do get hooked up with plenty of paid time off.

12. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

Stop playing games noobs . We are men act like it . Mangement doesnt care what you need off for and giving them a heads up only gives them a reason to come after you. Don't say :censored2:, call out an hour before your shift. Case closed locking thread .

13. UpsYours

UpsYours Member

element of surprise is only way.

14. Dracula

Dracula Package Car is cake compared to this...

Keeping your head up at this company will get it blown off. You work for UPS, not Google.

15. currahee

currahee Member

One hour notice. "Hello Sup this is Currahee I'm Booking off sick or personal". That is all they get. If they give me a hard time . i repeat my name and that im booking off. Then hang up.

16. Dough99

Dough99 Member

914684FB-5807-4F86-BD42-ACD6D4BE5107.jpeg

17. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

Steward told me it would be considered job abandonment, since you requested the day off and got denied it looks like you abandoned your job. That's what we have been told and is a past practice, if you would like you can contact my local BA and ask him yourself if you would like.

18. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

That’s a f’ing lie and you know it. Just tell them you are taking yourself out of service for that day. Call back in when your coming back.

19. BigBrown87

BigBrown87 If it’s brown, it’s going down

Not a lie by any means, came straight from my stewards mouth and I highly doubt he is lying to me. He is a 30+ veteran that I trust so that's what I will go off of until I hear otherwise.

20. BakerMayfield2018

BakerMayfield2018 God is Great, beer is good , People are crazy.

Well I’m here to tell you otherwise. That’s complete bs troll.

No halfway knowledgeable steward would say that.