Calling in w/ advance notice

hegro

How exactly is job abandonment defined though? The way I understood it was that you had to show up to work then leave before your given workload us finished.

Last edited:

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
How exactly is job abandonment defined though? The way I understood it was that you had to show up to work then leave before your given workload us finished.
No call no shows multiple times would also be defined as job abandonment, like I said my steward explained to me being denied a request off and then calling in on that day could be considered job abandonment through past practice in our local.

hegro

No call no shows multiple times would also be defined as job abandonment, like I said my steward explained to me being denied a request off and then calling in on that day could be considered job abandonment through past practice in our local.

So it takes multiple no call no shows but if you ask for one day off, don't get it, then call in it is considered the same thing? I don't follow that idea.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
So it takes multiple no call no shows but if you ask for one day off, don't get it, then call in it is considered the same thing? I don't follow that idea.
That's what the union steward told me, he is an older vet so maybe years ago a decision on this issue lead our local to determine this as job abandonment. Like I said until our BA says otherwise I will just call in if I really need the day off.