Calling ins !

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
Tired of seeing fellow drivers laugh and brag the next day about how they really “showed UPS” when they called in sick . No gumption !
Shut up Fredo
Who are you
We got a rat in the house boys
Worst Corleone
6839cd0e6b8a0d323a48f995a8c0c9e1.jpg

ManInBrown

why each time i call in for any reason, the supervisors try to convince me to come ?
Is this is a ups thing ?
Yup. The OMS in my building would never accept sick calls. The second he recognized your voice he would transfer us to the on car office. My dispatcher used to beg me to come in. You’re real light today. Please come in. Used to chuckle and hang up.

Do not fall for their BS. They’ll be fine if you don’t come in. State your name. Not coming in today, put me in for so and so day. Click.

And never tell them what is wrong if you are sick. It’s none of their business. Just say not coming in and hang up.

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
Chicken Alfredo certainly a sup. No one gives a :censored2: whether a driver calls out other than sups. Not like they magically broke down the car and threw packages at other routes an hour before start time. What does happen, a sup has to now work past 5.

UPSER1987

Yup. The OMS in my building would never accept sick calls. The second he recognized your voice he would transfer us to the on car office. My dispatcher used to beg me to come in. You’re real light today. Please come in. Used to chuckle and hang up.

Do not fall for their BS. They’ll be fine if you don’t come in. State your name. Not coming in today, put me in for so and so day. Click.

And never tell them what is wrong if you are sick. It’s none of their business. Just say not coming in and hang up.

Are you retired? If so, why the hell would anyone care what you say?

Indecisi0n

When they say "Your light today" I say, "No, your light today". *Click

ManInBrown

Are you retired? If so, why the hell would anyone care what you say?
Aren’t you the clown, who said I sounded like every package guy that you dealt with who was afraid to file, when I knew exactly how they operated to harass grievance filers? You’re going on ignore with Upstate. I’ve had just about enough of you.

You sound like a butthurt supervisor who’s pissed that I’m trying to help employees combat managements nonsense

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Tired of seeing fellow drivers laugh and brag the next day about how they really “showed UPS” when they called in sick . No gumption !
Calling off work is not calling in sick. It simply means you won’t be there that day. Could be a multitude of reasons. None of which matter. All that is required is that an hours notice is given.

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
I always just say that I'm using one of my paid sick days. Very little point to telling them that you're sick because even if it's true they won't believe you.