Calling ins !

UPSER1987

You can learn a lot from the people who have actually managed to survive and last 30 years plus and proudly say they retired
Not when the narratives have changed. Who cares what they did 30 years ago? It’s doesn’t matter - it’s a whole new UPS they don’t know :censored2: about.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
Not when the narratives have changed. Who cares what they did 30 years ago? It’s doesn’t matter - it’s a whole new UPS they don’t know :censored2: about.
That last switch from delivering boxes to drilling for oil was a doozy.
Not many people know UPS is the third largest natural gas provider in the country.

Jakamoe

I work for teamsters, UPS contracted me
The narrative hasn't changed. You still drive, pick up a box, walk, drop off a box. The only thing that's changed is technology. Technology hasn't changed driving in 8 inches of snow, 2 inches of ice and every other thing you see on the road. These people did this for at least 30 years. Almost longer than you've been alive, assuming 1987 is your birth year. They have far more wisdom about conditions of the road, making smart decisions than you and I and deserve some respect.

Last I checked this is a forum for union members. Shouldn't matter if you're retired, or still working. They earned the right to sit at home and check out what's going on a career that they've known for a huge chunk of their adult life. If they want to bitch, they earned it

Dragon

Package Center Manager
You ain’t firing anyone right now. Stop the tough guy act, you need us more than ever.

Nope, we got scanners that take care of the problem. Paperwork flows every day, no reason not too.

Essential personal my ass...I will leave it at that.

542thruNthru

Nope, we got scanners that take care of the problem. Paperwork flows every day, no reason not too.

Essential personal my ass...I will leave it at that.

Personnel: people employed in an organization or engaged in an organized undertaking such as military service

Personal: affecting, or belonging to a particular person rather than to anyone else.

Yep you can fire anyone. It's obvious you're a person that pays attention to detail.

Est.1998

Stop discussing it!!! “This is blank, employee Id # 5555555, I am calling in sick.” CLICK
Then turn your phone to airplane mode!!! That’s it!!! No debate, no discussion, you decided that your body needs a day off, you have sick days to burn, STAY HOME!!!
i agree with everything you just stated except for turning my phone on airplane mode. why should i limit my phones ability to avoid their call? it's just as easy to ignore them if they do decide to call or text. if i call an hour prior to work and they say anything besides "ok thanks for telling me", i'm gonna just hold the phone in silence until they hang up.

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
i agree with everything you just stated except for turning my phone on airplane mode. why should i limit my phones ability to avoid their call? it's just as easy to ignore them if they do decide to call or text. if i call an hour prior to work and they say anything besides "ok thanks for telling me", i'm gonna just hold the phone in silence until they hang up.
Airplane mode is a godsend for me. I like to unplug as much as I can on my days off....leave me alone!!!