Cambridge Analytica

newfie

18893208_392620751135224_1845314308217133256_n.jpg

newfie

So when Kanye referenced 400 years of slavery, he was really talking about the situation today?

K

yes it started last week with his support of black conservative speaker Candace owens. Candace owens main theme has been that black America should stop making their selves victims over what happened 2 to 4 hundred years ago namely slavery. Kanye agreed with her position and supported it and started the present crap storm. What he said in its entirety on TLC was a rehash of that argument.

vantexan

So when Kanye says:

“When you hear about slavery for 400 years ... for 400 years?”

“That sounds like a choice.”

Sorry kids, no matter how he backtracked, that’s what he actually said.

Pretty sure he wasn’t being Post-Modern.
Was there slavery in 1463? Emancipation Proclamation was in 1863. Sounds to me he's saying that slavery has been over for awhile, time to move on. The thing is folks like you won't let it be over. It'll be held over average citizens heads forever as a way to get money. And votes. Do you understand the term "Democrat plantation?" Liberals think they're charged with protecting minorities, particularly Blacks. But in effect with their policies they are holding Blacks back from reaching their potential. Making them dependent. Keeping them on the "plantation." That's what Kanye West is alluding to but as usual any threat to the status quo must be twisted into something evil.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
It was a choice for their owners.
Not so much for the slaves.
Now if the slaves had guns, then it would have been a choice.
I see you also miss the message in his comments. I'm surprised at this rat.
I don't give a :censored2: about his message.
He's a total screwball except he makes a lot of money.
I was attempting humor by spinning it into a 'gun' issue.
Like I said ... 'attempting'.
Obviously, I missed.

floridays

FFS.

He’s possibly correct about 400 years, but that’s not what we’re quibbling about, is it?
Read history, use your brain and the truth will set you free. Give me a timeline, I'll walk you through it. I'll offer Europeans did not institute slavery in the new world, and we were not colonies of Spain. Do some heavy lifting.

floridays

Obviously, I missed.
I already apologized, you know my game. I missed it. We're all screwballs. Still no answer, how did your fishnet show go. Blue ribbon? Best of the show?

BrownArmy

yes it started last week with his support of black conservative speaker Candace owens. Candace owens main theme has been that black America should stop making their selves victims over what happened 2 to 4 hundred years ago namely slavery. Kanye agreed with her position and supported it and started the present crap storm. What he said in its entirety on TLC was a rehash of that argument.

I get that, but it’s not that simple.

Kanye acts as though once slavery was technically abolished, that was it!

But it wasn’t...Jim Crow, redlining, ‘separate but equal’, on and on and on.

It’s not ‘mental enslavement’ by choice, it’s systematic disenfranchisement by the powers that be.

And the police, and the three strikes laws, and the private prisons, and the disproportionate sentences handed down to African-Americans, and the ‘driving while black’, and the ‘talk’ that you would never have to give your kids, but which AAs have to impart to their children, which is ‘don’t scare the sheriff or you’ll get shot, etc.

This isn’t a sob story about the black population in this country buying into some self-made ‘mental enslavement’, it’s just the reality on the ground if you’re not white.

You’re as clueless as he is.

Cheers

floridays

Sorry.
I still don't get it.
Been taking sinus medicine and a bit slow the last couple of days.
Now I have more empathy for DIDO .
I'm slower than you and am not going to say your not smart enough. However, I've got hemorrhoids, please extend empathy to me as well. The fishnet thing was regarding your shows, or shows your going to. Enjoy the festival season.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
I'm slower than you and am not going to say your not smart enough. However, I've got hemorrhoids, please extend empathy to me as well. The fishnet thing was regarding your shows, or shows your going to. Enjoy the festival season.
If fishnets equates to pretty young ladies ... then I am enjoying the scenery.

BrownArmy

Was there slavery in 1463? Emancipation Proclamation was in 1863. Sounds to me he's saying that slavery has been over for awhile, time to move on. The thing is folks like you won't let it be over. It'll be held over average citizens heads forever as a way to get money. And votes. Do you understand the term "Democrat plantation?" Liberals think they're charged with protecting minorities, particularly Blacks. But in effect with their policies they are holding Blacks back from reaching their potential. Making them dependent. Keeping them on the "plantation." That's what Kanye West is alluding to but as usual any threat to the status quo must be twisted into something evil.

Not even sure where to start, but if you think Republican policies have been better for blacks in this country, you’re wearing some serious rose-colored glasses.

I’m not even talking about politics, or Dems or Repubs.

It’s ‘Institutional Racism’, which I guess you don’t think is a thing, but OK,

KANYE 2020

vantexan

Not even sure where to start, but if you think Republican policies have been better for blacks in this country, you’re wearing some serious rose-colored glasses.

KANYE 2020
Any policy that makes it easier for business to thrive makes it easier for minorities to find jobs. Anyone earning their way will feel better about themselves than those who are supported by welfare. And part of the problem with "institutional racism" is that liberals are always questioning the motives of everyone who isn't constantly professing liberal ideology. We must be constantly jumping through your hoops, passing your litmus tests, proving our purity. Gets tiresome. Liberals see institutional racism everywhere because that's what they want to see. If someone acts in a racist manner deal with them. But don't presume to know what's in everyone's mind.

BrownArmy

Any policy that makes it easier for business to thrive makes it easier for minorities to find jobs. Anyone earning their way will feel better about themselves than those who are supported by welfare. And part of the problem with "institutional racism" is that liberals are always questioning the motives of everyone who isn't constantly professing liberal ideology. We must be constantly jumping through your hoops, passing your litmus tests, proving our purity. Gets tiresome. Liberals see institutional racism everywhere because that's what they want to see. If someone acts in a racist manner deal with them. But don't presume to know what's in everyone's mind.

I’m not talking about what’s in individual peoples’ minds, I’m talking about the structural inequalities built into the ‘System’.

I wish I shared your view that everything is cool, bootstraps etc., but it’s just not the case.

Look at the recent Starbucks situation where the two dudes were arrested for simply being black.

Anyway, there’s no liberal ‘ideology’, that’s a Fox News boogeyman.

Think about it - are all Republicans/Conservatives marching in lockstep?

Of course not, same for Liberals/Progressives.

The persecution complex is really deep for you, no?

Big bad scary Liberals!

Shouldn’t be a problem, you know Liberals just want to hide in a closet...

floridays

KANYE 2020
Why change the subject, lets go back to this slave thing.
Unanswered questions by you:
1.Where is the plantation?
2. Who are the slave masters?
I offer a new question,
In a national election, if 90% of one group of voters consistently votes for a particular party how do you square this?
These Americans of Polish, Irish, Russian, English, and any other heritage can't even decide 90% on which beer they prefer. They can every 4 years decide, by 90% which party they will support. They certainly aren't slaves to beer, but they certainly are slaves to party. Can you understand an illustration?

vantexan

I’m not talking about what’s in individual peoples’ minds, I’m talking about the structural inequalities built into the ‘System’.

I wish I shared your view that everything is cool, bootstraps etc., but it’s just not the case.

Look at the recent Starbucks situation where the two dudes were arrested for simply being black.

Big bad scary Liberals!

Oh sure, let one person like Kanye West say anything different and watch all the liberals go ballistic. You might not have it written in stone, but you do carry it in your minds. And look at all the coverage that one incident got. If it were systemic, institutionalized, it wouldn't have even been noticed because it would be commonplace. But to hear you tell it blacks are getting arrested all the time in coffee shops. Yes there is racism in the world. But those of us who don't see it in the extreme way you describe it are characterized as being bigots, etc. Gets old.

floridays

Big bad scary Liberals!

All the clowns had to do was buy a coffee, not even at the same time. Buy one, sit an hour, buy another one sit another hour. It was a set up and it was BS.

newfie

Obviously, I missed.

Yea I don't think anyone is ready to quote Kanye as Shakespeare that's missing the point

part of the reoccurring problem with black America is they accept what the dems tell them and never stray off the dem plantation

someone of prominence like Kanye questioning that pity message the DNC feeds them may actually help black America in the long run.