Cameras coming to FedEx Ground Trucks

bacha29

This is why you see things like trucks unsecured and left running a stops. It starts at the top.
You got it man. Left running because of doubt that it will start again....battery, starter, alternator you name it. Doors left open often because of broken latches broken locks you can get out of it but you might not get back in . No wonder why people quit.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
So when you leave the building the camera is ok. When you return, ok. But magically day after day they can't see anything when you're onroad. Are you sure you want to lead a life of crime?
Had a co-worker who was forced to 'retire' from FedEx and went to work for DHL, which has the evil, aforementioned cameras.
He simply unplugged them every day at his first stop.
So, they simply fired him for tampering with company equipment.

Oldfart

Who on here used to unplug the wire on the Dads unit that made the screen blank out while the truck was in motion? We had a guy get fired after he had a wreck and they found the wire unplugged.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
Giving my notice today. I ain't risking my life for no stinking packages. By all on the forum. Dvalley out!

Jim, can't you switch contractors who do care about the vehicles you're driving???

Either that or tell them to give you a rental while they fix the problem.

That's what I did after telling em that you're already saving a ton of labor wages and benefits compared to express, ups, and eventually Amazon... at least keep the equipment up to par or there's no way I'm risking my drivers license and life for a bunch of boxes.

bbsam

Staff member
Jim, can't you switch contractors who do care about the vehicles you're driving???

Either that or tell them to give you a rental while they fix the problem.

That's what I did after telling em that you're already saving a ton of labor wages and benefits compared to express, ups, and eventually Amazon... at least keep the equipment up to par or there's no way I'm risking my drivers license and life for a bunch of boxes.
Stop it. Let him go. His happiness is far more important than this.

Last edited:

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
10-4

I do recall someone in California who had a similar crappy subcontractor too that's riding in an unsuitable vehicle.

He moved on as well...

My vehicle is up to par, sitting in my driveway with no packages... another clean plate!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
That's not what I said. I said that when it's shown that a goal of X SPH can be achieved on a consistent basis, there shouldn't be an issue is raised to X SPH.
Easy for you to say when you’re not the one doing it.

You don’t like getting your hands dirty either, do you?

CJinx

yep, I'm the problem. All of the mis-classified drivers at FedEx ground are the problem. You know you ISP's and Fedex could run a much better operation if you would just get rid of the drivers. What a moroooon!
Wah, wah. Mis-classified drivers... your ship has sailed. Move on.

The issue here is you are falsifying a DVIR and affirming that your vehicle is safe to operate on the roads when you know for a fact that it isn't. You are putting yourself, the general public, and the brand reputation at risk when you knowingly operate faulty equipment to deliver packages. Shame on your CSP for not knowing the condition of their fleet and/or not being on top of routine maintenance but shame on you also for lying on a DOT form and putting people in harm's way because you lack integrity.

vantexan

The issue here is you are falsifying a DVIR and affirming that your vehicle is safe to operate on the roads when you know for a fact that it isn't. You are putting yourself, the general public, and the brand reputation at risk when you knowingly operate faulty equipment to deliver packages. Shame on your CSP for not knowing the condition of their fleet and/or not being on top of routine maintenance but shame on you also for lying on a DOT form and putting people in harm's way because you lack integrity.
I bet at least half of Express couriers don't even do a pretrip, just check off the boxes.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Easy for you to say when you’re not the one doing it.

When there are a half dozen couriers and swings who can consistently make a goal of X SPH, and that one courier who can't make it, I don't have to say anything.

You don’t like getting your hands dirty either, do you?

Nope. Who likes to have dirty hands?

vantexan

When there are a half dozen couriers and swings who can consistently make a goal of X SPH, and that one courier who can't make it, I don't have to say anything.

Nope. Who likes to have dirty hands?
Half a dozen couriers wouldn't be running a specific route and swings often do things like work on breaks to blow up routes. Setting route goals at 100% and you meet them, then setting goals higher so that suddenly you're doing 90-95%, not cool. Had a route where I was consistently doing 110%+. They reset my goals and suddenly couldn't do better than 95% unless I worked off the clock. When I was doing 110%+ the swing was in the 90's. So worked hard, not rewarded. Cool story bro!

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Ground's reputation is abysmally low anyway and everybody knows it. Get off your soapbox, your ship has sailed. Move on.

Route 66

Slapped Upside-da-Head Member
Whoosh... I think he's referring to the couriers who put the piece of label over the black square on the back up monitor... yes some couriers actually believe this is a camera... :crazy2:
Which, as we all know, is laughably absurd. No shortage of conspiracy theorists working at FedEx.

In fact though of course, it is actually a mind-reading sensor.