Cameras

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I don't think you thought that response out very well.
There is a difference in putting a camera in a restroom and a work space.

In the cab, fine, that's our workplace. When the back of the truck is used to relieve oneself, then it does become (no matter how crudely) a restroom

ArcherUTR

It's got to be in the contract that they can't, otherwise they would have by now. Am I right?

I mean peasants have been doing it in Russia for years now. I'm sure UPS could afford it. I'm sure they are chomping at the bit to do this.

Do you realize how much money they could save on accidents blaming the other vehicle or driver negligence?

ArcherUTR

In the cab, fine, that's our workplace. When the back of the truck is used to relieve oneself, then it does become (no matter how crudely) a restroom

This argument will never work. Yes, I piss 5 times a day in the back of my truck. Customers would be piss--ed, no pun intended, to know this. A UPS driver should and always can defend him/herself for breaking trace to find a proper bathroom, even on rural routes.

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
This argument will never work. Yes, I piss 5 times a day in the back of my truck. Customers would be piss--ed, no pun intended, to know this. A UPS driver should and always can defend him/herself for breaking trace to find a proper bathroom, even on rural routes.

Break trace 5 miles each of those 5 times a day you pee. Let us know how your center manager and on car react to that

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
I don't mind watering the trees, but I have no intention of fertilizing them. If its time to make a poopie then I don't care how many miles I have to break trace in order to find a bathroom and I could care less if management whines about it or not.

F

FrigidAdCorrector

Imagine the amount of Data that would take up. I just don't find it feasible to record the whole day. What I can see them doing though is putting one right behind the driver that only has about a 30 minute record time. That way if there is an accident they can see what the driver was doing prior to the incident. Almost like a flight deck recorder but for package cars.

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
bigbrother.jpg

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
We have been over this before. The truck also serves at locker room, etc, at times.

I can see the headlines: "UPS spying on female employee undressing"!

Jackburton

Gone Fish'n
You'd think the smart move would be dash cameras instead of in cab ones first. Having video of an accident is a lot better than taking two biased individuals word on what happen. Reviewing safe driving methods ( following distance, speed, maintaining lanes, objects and ground, ect) would be top priority instead of how long it takes for you to find a package that wasn't even loaded on your truck in the first place or in the wrong spot.

Then again safety is mostly lip service here anyways, so whatever.

Travwise

Anybody think its a matter of time before they install cameras in our cabs/cargo area? I run some rural stuff with very few places to relieve myself when nature calls. They will see me urinating in the back of the truck.

Why if you run a rural route are you pissing in bottles? Pull over and let it fly. "Not many options to relieve myself" pfffffffffff.......the worlds your oyster buddy. Paint it (and your tires) with your piss.