Cameras?

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I am seeing some trucks with spinning cameras mounted on their roof like Google maps uses.
Anybody know what they are all about?
It monitors on road sups. It sends a report to corporate on how many they can cut based on their 2 hour planned day. Center managers will be cut as soon as enough chimpanzees are bred in captivity to cover every location.

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
If only there were other devices in the world that were round, rotating on its axis, possibly being powered by nature... Zero chance that it's a fan. Zero.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Not a camera at all.

It's a team effort with MIT and NASA, in which the company allowed those devices to be mounted in an attempt to record weather changes. Something on climate change? Inside it's hooked to a small computer that sends info back to the science team. They say it can measure carbon levels in small amounts. How? Who knows. All I know is we were told not to touch anything.
1647178433093.png
1647178569326-png.376407

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
If only there were other devices in the world that were round, rotating on its axis, possibly being powered by nature... Zero chance that it's a fan. Zero.

Lol. As if UPS would install a fan to improve working conditions before they would install a camera to monitor us. Are you high?!

Alexcross774

Spinning my wheels.
Lol. As if UPS would install a fan to improve working conditions before they would install a camera to monitor us. Are you high?!
And yet, that is what it is. A fan/vent for the cargo area. I think this will be the 3rd year they have come on the new Package Cars.

Not a camera at all.

It's a team effort with MIT and NASA, in which the company allowed those devices to be mounted in an attempt to record weather changes. Something on climate change? Inside it's hooked to a small computer that sends info back to the science team. They say it can measure carbon levels in small amounts. How? Who knows. All I know is we were told not to touch anything.
giphy (46).gif

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
Automotive should of painted them Brown so they would blend in...Now we got paranoid drivers speculating all kinds of drama.

Ghost in the Darkness

We call them gyros here. I want one.... too many stupid people driving around who apparently never seen a ups truck and don't know what we do. Whatever makes it more visible is fine with me.

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
gonna need a picture of what you're talking about. because there's some new trucks at my center with a spinny thing on top that is totally not a camera. it's a vent. just a vent, not a camera. and it spins by action of the wind because it has turbine vanes.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
gonna need a picture of what you're talking about. because there's some new trucks at my center with a spinny thing on top that is totally not a camera. it's a vent. just a vent, not a camera. and it spins by action of the wind because it has turbine vanes.
Sure it's vent. How else can they measure destructive carbon dioxide levels? That small black box near the cab wall is linked to NASA.