Can a grievance be over turned after being approved?

My case,
Let see where to start....
I became a part-time on call air driver on 11/27/2018 starting at $13/hr and after my 30 day packet was bumped up to $13.50/hr. I came from being in the hub for almost 3 years as a loader and decided it was time to move up in my career at ups. Before the 2018 contract was ratified in April of 2019, my group I started driving with assumption that we would be on old contract of 2013. From November 2018 thru April 2019 we were being paid $13.50 then ups put us on the 4 year when we were on old contract for about 6 months. During the 6 months of driving we’re gaining seniority, then the 2018 contract was ratified. Then they put us on the new contract because they made a mistake from the beginning of us starting out. Everything wasn’t a for sure thing because we were in the grey area, we asked anyone who could tell us if we’re on old contract or new. Very confusing time for us. November, 27, 2020 we waited until our two year start date to arrive so we can then fight for our top pay. Wording based on what we thought we would have a chance is article 40 sec6a (2), “part-time air drivers in progression as of ratification of this agreement will maintain a 2year progression to top rate as set forth in article 40 sec 6a of 2013-2018.

we went ahead and made our case, we had a very persistent union agent that would never give up on us. After 6 months of push and pull we won our case and we’re very happy with the outcome. In the end, ups cut us our checks and change our rates to where we’re supposed to be then two weeks later they took rug out from under us and now they want every penny paid back and for us to be stuck on 4 year progression. They claim Aug. 1 2018 and April 16 2019 are considered the same date even though for 6 months they were paying us on old contract.
There are 6 people who are now in debt to the company because of the contract being so vague and manipulated the way ups wants it played out.
Has anyone dealt with contract issues like this?

My case,
I became a part-time on call air driver on 11/27/2018 starting at $13/hr and after my 30 day packet was bumped up to $13.50/hr. I came from being in the hub for almost 3 years as a loader and decided it was time to move up in my career at ups. Before the 2018 contract was ratified in April of 2019, my group I started driving with assumption that we would be on old contract of 2013. From November 2018 thru April 2019 we were being paid $13.50 then ups put us on the 4 year when we were on old contract for about 6 months. During the 6 months of driving we’re gaining seniority, then the 2018 contract was ratified. Then they put us on the new contract because they made a mistake from the beginning of us starting out. Everything wasn’t a for sure thing because we were in the grey area, we asked anyone who could tell us if we’re on old contract or new. Very confusing time for us. November, 27, 2020 we waited until our two year start date to arrive so we can then fight for our top pay. Wording based on what we thought we would have a chance is article 40 sec6a (2), “part-time air drivers in progression as of ratification of this agreement will maintain a 2year progression to top rate as set forth in article 40 sec 6a of 2013-2018.

we went ahead and made our case, we had a very persistent union agent that would never give up on us. After 6 months of push and pull we won our case and we’re very happy with the outcome. In the end, ups cut us our checks and change our rates to where we’re supposed to be then two weeks later they took rug out from under us and now they want every penny paid back and for us to be stuck on 4 year progression. They claim Aug. 1 2018 and April 16 2019 are considered the same date even though for 6 months they were paying us on old contract.
There are 6 people who are now in debt to the company because of the contract being so vague and manipulated the way ups wants it played out.
The old contract expired July 31st 2018. Even though a new contract was not ready by then you were driving under the current contract not the last contract

542thruNthru

My case,

What did your BA say? I'm sure you reached out to him and asked why this is happening right?

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
If I am not paid for my grievance within 10 days how much penalty pay do I get? Is it 10 working days or 10 days?I won on 5/11 and I still haven't gotten paid yet.

Swanson

Henry Swanson's my name, and excitement's my game.
Article 17
@542thruNthru I still haven't been paid I ran into my ba the other night.We are supposed to do a supervisor working grievance this week I filed on my unit manager.Do you have any idea how much penalty pay I'll get it was 14hours= $210 Tuesday will be the 14th working day.I appreciate all the info you bless me with:beersmiley:

542thruNthru

@542thruNthru I still haven't been paid I ran into my ba the other night.We are supposed to do a supervisor working grievance this week I filed on my unit manager.Do you have any idea how much penalty pay I'll get it was 14hours= $210 Tuesday will be the 14th working day.I appreciate all the info you bless me with:beersmiley:
Whatever your hourly rate is times 1.75 (half your guaranteed hours) each week.

So if you make $15 an hour... 15 x 1.75 = $26.25 each week they don't pay you.