Can anyone explain the retirement 20+ 30 thing or whatever it is to me?

Future

Victory Ride
We never had 25 and out. We had 30 and out at any age---this was recently changed to 30 years of service AND 55 years of age. We will have drivers working 37 years to receive a 30 yr pension.

Sent using BrownCafe App
Never mind,missed this post...you already answered the ?

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

As long as you have worked the minimum amount of hours for the year.

This is a sore spot for me----right now our minimum is 500 for PT and 1000 for FT. I would love to see those raised to 900/1800 respectively. This would cut down on the number of "dead days" and would ensure that we are getting the pension contributions that we sorely need for our underfunded (46%) pension.

PT Car Washer

This is a sore spot for me----right now our minimum is 500 for PT and 1000 for FT. I would love to see those raised to 900/1800 respectively. This would cut down on the number of "dead days" and would ensure that we are getting the pension contributions that we sorely need for our underfunded (46%) pension.
Wow. Only 500 hours for a good PT year. What does that pay in 35 years? Central Region is 750hr a year for $2100 a month after 35 years.

What'dyabringmetoday???

Which is low sixties? LOL?

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I am not sure but I don't think a 22.3 would receive the same pension as a FT driver.
As a yr 1 , 22.3 employee , I will be getting the same pension amount as any FT employee .
Our system , Local 25 , is based on total normal hours worked per year , maxing out at 1800 hrs = 1 full year pension credit .
Since 1988 , I have only missed 3 years where I didn't get full credit ( 11 months ) , and most of that time I was pt ; doing double shifts and Sat. Air .
The threshold for early retirement is 30 full pension credit years at age 57 .