Can I be disciplined for calling out 40 minutes before PCM?

summersaltstains

I called my center manager this morning to tell him I was sick and going to the doctor. He said it was too late and that we would have a conversation about my inability to call with enough time. I'm going to get a doctor note later today, but I am worried I will be disciplined for the short notice. What should I expect when I return to work? A warning letter?

badpal

I called my center manager this morning to tell him I was sick and going to the doctor. He said it was too late and that we would have a conversation about my inability to call with enough time. I'm going to get a doctor note later today, but I am worried I will be disciplined for the short notice. What should I expect when I return to work? A warning letter?
Give them the note. it will be forgotten about.

summersaltstains

Thanks guys. Last time I got the stomach flu, he didn't even want my note when I came back, so I figured nothing serious would come from this, but he seemed more cranky this time so I wanted to make sure my ass was covered.

brown_trousers

Manager is just trying to intimidate you. There's nothing he can do, other than follow the disciplinary progression as it is written in the contract. You dont need a doctors note unless you are gone 3 days or more. Bring your shop steward with you

john chesney

Tell them you put on your uniform got sick and :censored2: your pants. It will be a short talk

john chesney

:censored2: the drs note ask them if they want the pants you :censored2: back. Watch how fast that talk is over

Scottyhawk

What is it? A brown box. Duh
My understanding is, is that you can call out up to 5 minutes before start time. I would not ever do that but that is what I heard

ManInBrown

Here it’s an hour before start time. They’ll hit you with a NCNS. Maybe a warning letter that can double as a snot rag. Don’t make a habit of it