Can I get fired because they don't like me?

longhorns19

They hired me after peak season was over, but it seems like they don't really "like" me, I'm getting weird vibes from everyone there for seemingly no reason. No one talks to me I get weird looks, boss "forgot" to put me on the schedule once after I'd been there for two months (yeah, ok buddy). Seems like people have it out for me for no reason. I go in and dont bother anyone and do my job and leave.

My question is: can they get rid of me if I haven't done anything wrong? If people want to treat me like :censored2: I don't care, I still want to work here and I can just ignore them, no problem. I'm not going to quit, even though I've heard from other people it seems like they might be pushing me in that direction.

oldngray

nowhere special
participated.jpg

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
They hired me after peak season was over, but it seems like they don't really "like" me, I'm getting weird vibes from everyone there for seemingly no reason. No one talks to me I get weird looks, boss "forgot" to put me on the schedule once after I'd been there for two months (yeah, ok buddy). Seems like people have it out for me for no reason. I go in and dont bother anyone and do my job and leave.

My question is: can they get rid of me if I haven't done anything wrong? If people want to treat me like :censored2: I don't care, I still want to work here and I can just ignore them, no problem. I'm not going to quit, even though I've heard from other people it seems like they might be pushing me in that direction.
They play for reactions more than anything. Ways to work you faster, show up more often, or quit. Take the time to read the contract a couple of times and what you can and can't do becomes day and night.

Firing an employee after they pass a 30-70 day period is nigh-impossible if you follow their instructions to the best of your mediocre pace.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

How’s your deodorant situation

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member

You got your 30 days in yet?
If so, be glad they don't talk to you. Silent management is good management.

Otherwise, yeah. They can get rid of you for any reason. They won't probably say "hey, we all talked it over, and we don't like you. Buh bye."
But if you've ever misloaded, taken too long, had absences, refused an order, etc... They can use anything like that as an excuse.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge

@IVE GOTTA PACKAGE 4U knows a lot about this because nobody likes him because he dont use ups bags. plus he takes showers at the ups building

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member

Here's 3 pieces of advice !!!!

You're there to make money, not friends

The thicker your skin, the longer you'll survive at UPS

Just do your job and punch out.

BiggieBrown

No one talks to me I get weird looks, boss "forgot" to put me on the schedule once after I'd been there for two months (yeah, ok buddy).

Just to let you know, this stuff is completely standard for UPS.
A lot of guys think they can expect this place to be just like any normal job. It's not like a normal job. There's a culture of intense hatred and hostility at this company. It has nothing to do with you personally. It's just a part of the environment you are now in.