Can I grieve a Supervisor doing work in a different department from mine?

Furen

There is this one Supe who I hate with a passion. I don't really feel like going into a lot of long drawn out detail but suffice it to say that I and this... Filth have had our fair share of face to face shouting matches regarding her disrespect of my work quality & ethic. She even had the audacity to ruin my record with a write up which I'm still sweltering about. Every time I go out to the metros, I see this trash shamelessly doing hourly work in full view of all, loading boxes & pulling irregs off the line. I want to put my foot to her backside so I took out my phone and recorded her doing it, but what I want to know is can I grieve her taking hourly work away even tho I don't work in her area? And If I can grieve it, what kind of compensation can I request? Since I don't work in her Area, she isn't actually stealing work from me directly, but her other subordinates so I don't know if I can ask for monetary compensation for work lost.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
Of course, you're a model employee and she picks on you for no reason?
She should understand your work quality and ethic and probably your sensitivity while she's at it...

Furen

Of course, you're a model employee and she picks on you for no reason?
She should understand your work quality and ethic and probably your sensitivity while she's at it...

Shes an incompetent twit who throws the people working for her under the bus to save her own skin, rather than admitting she fails to train her people properly in the work she assigns them (if at all) and risk having her own competency analyzed by the higher ups. Don't know what you're so up in arms about defending this wench in distress for. She ain't gonna let you smash.

Only one ?

lol I got a few, but she makes the top of my list by leaps & bounds. She failed to instruct me properly and then threw me under the bus as incompetent in front of the Division Manager to save her own skin. Where once he would smile & greet me, now he gives me an uncomfortable nod (if that) and walks by. When that one is thrown out on her ear, I will be happy.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Shes an incompetent twit who throws the people working for her under the bus to save her own skin, rather than admitting she fails to train her people properly in the work she assigns them (if at all) and risk having her own competency analyzed by the higher ups. Don't know what you're so up in arms about defending this wench in distress for. She ain't gonna let you smash.

lol I got a few, but she makes the top of my list by leaps & bounds. She failed to instruct me properly and then threw me under the bus as incompetent in front of the Division Manager to save her own skin. Where once he would smile & greet me, now he gives me an uncomfortable nod (if that) and walks by. When that one is thrown out on her ear, I will be happy.

How hot is Ol’girl

Indecisi0n

Don't let the opinions of others determine who you are. Next time you see that division manager walk up to him and stop in front of him, shake his hand and ask him how his day is. You show him the type of person who you are and I guarantee he will forget everything that sup said about you.

Dritalin

These comments make me laugh. No, don't ever record video on you phone in the hub. Just write down the time/date, who it was, where it was, what they were doing and how you saw them while working as directed.

It costs you exactly $0 to grieve. You will most likely get paid double time, or triple for third violations. If they do deny your claim you're out only time.

Best part is that anything she does to you after the grievance is under the magnifying glass of retaliation. Always best to file and let them known you're not a pushover. If she does anything to you whatsoever after you file, go to the union hall that day and file a harassment grievance, again document your evidence.

Karma...

sure.....be aware that grievances are traded back and forth for infractions by both parties.....dealable chips....low percentage of grievances are acted on with even fewer paid out

Rack em

Made the Podium
Most buildings have it posted
Well that goes back to the OSHA thing. I remember someone a while ago posted a letter from them that basically said Ups can piss off and we are allowed to take photos/videos to document the working conditions. Besides that, it doesn't say we can't in our contract so what is Ups gonna do about it anyways?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
20180429_131933-jpg.240449

542thruNthru

Bubble I have this same pic as I'm sure you know but... and I may be wrong... but our local lawyer likes to point out how NLRB decisions change with every new NLRB general counsel. Not to get into politics but Trump has changed those people to my understanding with members that are not very union friendly.

Now I trust your knowledge of the process so I guess what I'm asking is, could this decision be changed if UPS were to pursue it again?