Can I resign and get rehired at another location?

EJJ

UPS Package Car Driver
Hey guys I planned on trying to go to another location due to me moving further away due to family issues etc. Can I resign and reapply ? I’m a good worker and don’t have any write ups etc. Can someone tell me how that would work? Thanks

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I’m a full time package car driver also

With only 10 months with the company?

Transfers are not an option.

Your best bet is to get your HR to reach out to the HR at your new location to see if they can work out a deal to where you quit (on good terms) here to be hired at your new location.

El Correcto

god is dead

Your best bet is to get your HR to reach out to the HR at your new location to see if they can work out a deal to where you quit (on good terms) here to be hired at your new location.
Hell no don’t quit with only a handshake backing you up at UPS. Unless your fine with it not working out as promised.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Hell no don’t quit with only a handshake backing you up at UPS. Unless your fine with it not working out as promised.

He can't transfer so what other option(s) would be available to him?

Turns out he has his CDL----don't know why he didn't mention this earlier----he should check to see if the location that he wants to move to needs feeder drivers.

EJJ

UPS Package Car Driver

I agree but I’m in the position that it’s not worth me commuting almost a total of 4 hours a day for low pay. If they don’t hire me as a new driver from the streets with the experience I know already n also n intergrad graduate as well.

AlliSeeisBrown

I agree but I’m in the position that it’s not worth me commuting almost a total of 4 hours a day for low pay. If they don’t hire me as a new driver from the streets with the experience I know already n also n intergrad graduate as well.
You mean to tell me your commute is almost 2 hours one way?

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Hey guys I planned on trying to go to another location due to me moving further away due to family issues etc. Can I resign and reapply ? I’m a good worker and don’t have any write ups etc. Can someone tell me how that would work? Thanks
Is the new area in the same local you are in now?

In my local, once you have book you can go on the transfer list.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You will work as instructed!

shawn83

Are transfers ever an option?

shawn83

Yeah so that’s getting rehired not a transfer. Will my 12 years of full time go toward my pension in the new district?