Can they video tape us thru the camera monitor?

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Boston77, Apr 19, 2017.

1. Boston77

Boston77 New Member

i just became a permanent driver recently. Right off the bat I've been followed around by my bosses. They haven't made it a secret, and even got out of their cars a couple times this week to criticize my methods. Yesterday was the third working day in a row I've been followed. Today I noticed a different car following me so I decided to take lunch. The car parked about 100 feet back. I opened my iPhone and I could see the wifi connection "DOT Surveillance" not sure if I am paranoid or if this is a crazy coincidence.

A senior co worker mentioned that they can watch you through the camera monitor.

Any advice?

2. Turdferguson

Turdferguson Just a turd

Follow the methods and work at a safe brisk pace. If you aren't doing anything that you shouldn't don't worry. They can place a camera wherever they want. It's their property. Only time they would is if they think you are doing something you shouldn't. Most of the time it would be in back, not the cab

3. cosmo1

cosmo1 Just another internet hooligan.

My wifi network is named Surveillance Van. Just to mess with the neighbors, I'm thinking of renaming it DEA Special OPS.

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  4. FrigidFTSup

FrigidFTSup Resident Suit

No. We can't watch you through a monitor. Though it is one of the better conspiracies.

Also our wifi is FBI Surveilance van, not DOT.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  5. cosmo1

(I saw a network once named 'aww, cum bubbles.')

Geez, OP, you can name your network anything you want. Stop being paranoid.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  6. So I don't have to worry about that ice cream truck following me around?

7. FrigidFTSup

As long as you have your armadillo helmet on they can't intercept your brainwaves

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • List
  8. I should get rid of that tinfoil under my hat?

9. FrigidFTSup

Considering it only intensifies the scanner's capability....duh

10. I have a microwave hotwired into my fuse box. It really cute down in the on calls.

11. FrigidFTSup

A few years ago they put a new type of GPS receiver in at Newark airport called WAAS. It would improve the signals for inbound flights. But every single day at the same time it would go down. When they finally figured out what was going on they discovered a semi driver put a GPS jammer on his truck so his boss couldn't track him. He would wiz by on the Jersey Turnpike and cause planes to have to go around.

• Funny Funny x 8
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. That's awesome. Well maybe not for him

13. cosmo1

Best laid plans............

14. FrigidFTSup

Yeah, the Feds generally frown upon you jamming a department of defense technology

15. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

And you can trash the jock strap... It's not doing you any favors in the "bulge" compartment....

16. cosmo1

Yeah, but it looks like the feds dropped the ball there.

"Expect the unexpected."

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. It's a sock

18. Monkey Butt

Monkey Butt I've got a red, white and blue butt! Staff Member

Except the crotch shot just to the right of steering column.

19. Coldworld

Coldworld Well-Known Member

How about the guy a few years ago that could get the tower and air force one communications... He had some kind of backpack with radio communication gear and would be walking around being able to pick this all up....not sure how they caught him, probably the antenna hanging out the back

20. cosmo1

Only in @Indecisi0n's truck.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List