Can they video tape us thru the camera monitor?

Boston77

i just became a permanent driver recently. Right off the bat I've been followed around by my bosses. They haven't made it a secret, and even got out of their cars a couple times this week to criticize my methods. Yesterday was the third working day in a row I've been followed. Today I noticed a different car following me so I decided to take lunch. The car parked about 100 feet back. I opened my iPhone and I could see the wifi connection "DOT Surveillance" not sure if I am paranoid or if this is a crazy coincidence.

A senior co worker mentioned that they can watch you through the camera monitor.

Any advice?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
i just became a permanent driver recently. Right off the bat I've been followed around by my bosses. They haven't made it a secret, and even got out of their cars a couple times this week to criticize my methods. Yesterday was the third working day in a row I've been followed. Today I noticed a different car following me so I decided to take lunch. The car parked about 100 feet back. I opened my iPhone and I could see the wifi connection "DOT Surveillance" not sure if I am paranoid or if this is a crazy coincidence.

A senior co worker mentioned that they can watch you through the camera monitor.

Any advice?
Follow the methods and work at a safe brisk pace. If you aren't doing anything that you shouldn't don't worry. They can place a camera wherever they want. It's their property. Only time they would is if they think you are doing something you shouldn't. Most of the time it would be in back, not the cab

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Any advice?

My wifi network is named Surveillance Van. Just to mess with the neighbors, I'm thinking of renaming it DEA Special OPS.

FrigidFTSup

Resident Suit
I have a microwave hotwired into my fuse box. It really cute down in the on calls.
A few years ago they put a new type of GPS receiver in at Newark airport called WAAS. It would improve the signals for inbound flights. But every single day at the same time it would go down. When they finally figured out what was going on they discovered a semi driver put a GPS jammer on his truck so his boss couldn't track him. He would wiz by on the Jersey Turnpike and cause planes to have to go around.

A few years ago they put a new type of GPS receiver in at Newark airport called WAAS. It would improve the signals for inbound flights. But every single day at the same time it would go down. When they finally figured out what was going on they discovered a semi driver put a GPS jammer on his truck so his boss couldn't track him. He would wiz by on the Jersey Turnpike and cause planes to have to go around.
That's awesome. Well maybe not for him

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

Best laid plans............

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Yeah, the Feds generally frown upon you jamming a department of defense technology
How about the guy a few years ago that could get the tower and air force one communications... He had some kind of backpack with radio communication gear and would be walking around being able to pick this all up....not sure how they caught him, probably the antenna hanging out the back