Can UPS managers be drug tested?

Catatonic

Nine Lives
It was the principle of the matter. However, if you think about it, what difference should it make as to the severity? Severity should not be a factor.IMO.

Cost and impact on operations my friend ... plain and simple. Not to mention DOT regulations and guidelines.

tieguy

Banned
They didn't say there were any levels, they did say "required after every accident. You guys may be right about the severity, not disputing that part. I didn't mind having the test either, I had nothing to worry about. It was the principle of the matter. However, if you think about it, what difference should it make as to the severity? A drunk or someone drugged out of their minds could very well have a scrape with a dumpster or a roll over same as a totally sober person can. Severity should not be a factor.IMO.

I believe the criteria for post accident testing is in the contract. Can't remember if its national or supplemental.

satellitedriver

b) Trained management person observes employee or supervisor exhibiting unusual behaviour. Observation could be specific to body characteristics such as pupil dliation, slurred speech, abnormal sweating and odd unusual behavior.
I would be busted daily, using this criteria.:happy2:
I would pass any drug/alcohol test, but the sweating and odd unusual behavior would make me suspect #1.

mattwtrs

Retired Senior Member
Some of management should be tested for some of the irrational things thay say or do. I would get a message from an OMS to call in and the first thing the OMS said would lead me to believe that the manager was on crack it was so crazy. Of course the manager was on a conference call and couldn't talk to me directly so what was a good day turned into playing phone tag.