Can we be sent out again???

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I've been told by several of my coworkers that after we come back to the center we can't be sent back out. Is this true i can't find anything about it in the contract. I'd ask my steward but both of them are :censored2:ing useless! A little back story today i went and did someone's pick ups i was totally full came back at 4:45. Two other upsers sitting in the office taking their breaks and the mother :censored2:ers sent me out to go take 35 stops off someone.

i dont go fast you :censored2:! they gave me 2 bulk stops and a 47 stop route

i dont run it was a bs split route
You sound like a real cordial guy to work with, I'm sure both the Sup's and Stewies bend over to accommodate you!

Whither

Scofflaw
Yeah go ahead and file , congratulations on your 14 hr dispatch the following day. Don’t shake the bees nest if you don’t want stung.
You haven’t worked here long enough to complain.
🧔‍♂️✊
In that case, the OP should go ahead and file Art 37 Sect 1 for retaliation.

Whither

Scofflaw
Oh don’t worry the computer shows it being done in 8 hrs

GRIEVANCE = DENIED
🧔‍♂️✊

Even in my rookie days I made use of Art 19 Sect 6 several times -- of course I rarely if ever came in before 8 hours, and never without taking my lunch and paid break. Never had a supe get bent out of shape over it, though a couple times they tried badgering me. "Nope, I've completed my assigned work and don't want to go back out."

This is another issue re: which I wouldn't "work now, grieve later." The language is clear enough, but it specifies no penalty if the company violates. You could request penalty pay but it would be deadlocked.

Retaliation can be difficult to prove, but filing on it is a shot across the bow and lets management know you mean business.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
That has been a "rumor" for years. Is it actually in the contract?

Yep.

It's been in the Central Region supplement since May 1st 1979.

This is another issue re: which I wouldn't "work now, grieve later." The language is clear enough, but it specifies no penalty if the company violates. You could request penalty pay but it would be deadlocked.

You are correct.... the is no monetary penalty.

At the Panel, the company would just be instructed to comply with the language.

It's up to the driver to stand firm and enforce their rights.

Zowert

If you are instructed to do so then yes you have to. If you’re an RPCD get on the 9.5 list. If they ask you to go back out say, “Am I being instructed to?” If they say yes then you say, “Okay, this is going to push me over 9.5 hours, I will grieve.” They will either back off or you pay you triple time for every hour over 9.5 if it’s your third day over that week. If you’re a 22.4 then you’re screwed. They can work you as much as they want with no consequences.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Not true .. so let’s say you come in and run bulk and extra stops let’s say 50 stops in a neighborhood section.. you can’t just assume you’re done at 1300. You go back to the building ready for next assignment.
I’ve done that, bulk stops for 4 hrs, back to the bldg to get another truck.

Nah
Not true .. so let’s say you come in and run bulk and extra stops let’s say 50 stops in a neighborhood section.. you can’t just assume your done at 1300. You go back to the building ready for next assignment.
If the assignment isn't in your board it's safe to say you're done.

GenericUsername

You want your 8 hours or nah?
Dispatch us the 8 hour day. If we beat the planned day then give us production bonus. End of story.

friend these people who are going 8-9 stops an hour on routes that can easily do 15-20. They're dragging the anchor on purpose and stay out the 13 hours to get it done while the rest of us are done in the 8-10 hours and are at home enjoying some AC and dinner.