Can you actually be forced to wear a mask in the building indefinitely?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I tried to force our center to provide enough masks and allow for them to be changed out properly. That went over like a lead balloon. Apparently OSHA and all the maskholes don't care if they are being worn properly and changed out regularly, just that they are being worn. Sad.
Contact your Governor.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
people need to start refusing to comply that's the only way out of this tyranny

Unfortunately my lack of compliance will cost me my job and the union probably won't back me up because "It's a pandemic!" If we start loading people up on cattle cars I'll fight back, until then I'll keep the sword sheathed and use the pen.

JJinVA

people need to start refusing to comply that's the only way out of this tyranny

Luckily most of the drivers at my center dont comply, and most of the businesses I go to dont either. I think people are starting to understand this is more about control and less about a virus, seeing as how so many doctors have already come out and said this does nothing to mitigate virus contraction. We're talking about particles on the nano scale lol. Id rather die than live in a bubble anyways. Like all those doomsday preppers who have underground storage containers full of ammo and Spam... why would I live underground for three months tops eating spam burgers everyday. Id rather just die lol

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

"The rebreathing of our exhaled air will without a doubt create oxygen deficiency and a flooding of carbon dioxide. We know that the human brain is very sensitive to oxygen depravation. There are nerve cells for example in the hippocampus, that can’t be longer than 3 minutes without oxygen – they cannot survive. The acute warning symptoms are headaches, drowsiness, dizziness, issues in concentration, slowing down of the reaction time – reactions of the cognitive system."

Well, that explains a lot. Many people didn't have brain cells to spare.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

A lot of information in this one. Even found out some info I hadn't seen before about virulence being inversely proportional to humidity levels, regardless of any other factors. This article explains why social distancing in doors is pretty much useless. I wonder why so many public health officials are so blatantly disregarding actual science, preferring instead to follow public opinion, superstition and the precautionary principle.

"The present paper about masks illustrates the degree to which governments, the mainstream media, and institutional propagandists can decide to operate in a science vacuum, or select only incomplete science that serves their interests. Such recklessness is also certainly the case with the current global lockdown of over 1 billion people, an unprecedented experiment in medical and political history."

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
More from the above paper:

"No RCT study with verified outcome shows a benefit for HCW or community members in households to wearing a mask or respirator. There is no such study. There are no exceptions.

Likewise, no study exists that shows a benefit from a broad policy to wear masks in public (more on this below)."

"
Why There Can Never Be an Empirical Test of a Nation-Wide Mask-Wearing Policy
As mentioned above, no study exists that shows a benefit from a broad policy to wear masks in public. There is good reason for this. It would be impossible to obtain unambiguous and bias-free results [because]:

1. Any benefit from mask-wearing would have to be a small effect, since undetected in controlled experiments, which would be swamped by the larger effects, notably the large effect from changing atmospheric humidity.
  2. Mask compliance and mask adjustment habits would be unknown.
  3. Mask-wearing is associated (correlated) with several other health behaviors; see Wada (2012).
  4. The results would not be transferable, because of differing cultural habits.
  5. Compliance is achieved by fear, and individuals can habituate to fear-based propaganda, and can have disparate basic responses.
  6. Monitoring and compliance measurement are near-impossible, and subject to large errors.
  7. Self-reporting (such as in surveys) is notoriously biased, because individuals have the self-interested belief that their efforts are useful.
  8. Progression of the epidemic is not verified with reliable tests on large population samples, and generally relies on non-representative hospital visits or admissions.
  9. Several different pathogens (viruses and strains of viruses) causing respiratory illness generally act together, in the same population and/or in individuals, and are not resolved, while having different epidemiological characteristics"
"
Yezli and Otter (2011), in their review of the MID, point out relevant features:

1. Most respiratory viruses are as infective in humans as in tissue culture having optimal laboratory susceptibility
  2. It is believed that a single virion can be enough to induce illness in the host
  3. The 50-percent probability MID (“TCID50”) has variably been found to be in the range 100−1000 virions
  4. There are typically 10 to 3rd power − 10 to 7th power virions per aerolized influenza droplet with diameter 1 μm − 10 μm
  5. The 50-percent probability MID easily fits into a single (one) aerolized droplet...
All of this to say that: if anything gets through (and it always does, irrespective of the mask), then you are going to be infected. Masks cannot possibly work. It is not surprising, therefore, that no bias-free study has ever found a benefit from wearing a mask or respirator in this application.

Therefore, the studies that show partial stopping power of masks, or that show that masks can capture many large droplets produced by a sneezing or coughing mask-wearer, in light of the above-described features of the problem, are irrelevant. For example, such studies as these: Leung (2020), Davies (2013), Lai (2012), and Sande (2008)."

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Idea is not to wait until it gets to that point

I hear you. But I try to adhere to the NAP. At this point, in my experience, all that is happening is that others are exercising their right of free association. It may be under coercion of government penalty, but they choose to follow it. If businesses were to fight the oppression, I would join them and support those businesses.

If I were to receive a ticket for violating illegal mandates, I would fight that. If someone were to use force to get me to comply, I would fight that. I used the cattle car image allegorically to say that when it is obvious that force is being applied illegally, that is the time to fight back.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
The point is that you are contaminating your already useless mask every time you touch it.
I have worn a dirty sweaty unwashed neck gaiter since June. I take it on and off when delivering to business and have not washed it since July 17. It has six months worth of “virus” and smells like a dead hyena. I still haven’t gotten sick or been contaminated. Must be a miracle.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I have worn a dirty sweaty unwashed neck gaiter since June. I take it on and off when delivering to business and have not washed it since July 17. It has six months worth of “virus” and smells like a dead hyena. I still haven’t gotten sick or been contaminated. Must be a miracle.

You think your filthy gaiter is the reason you haven't gotten sick? This is a perfect example of superstitious behavior. Please wash your gaiter. You are probably an asymptomatic super spreader. ;)

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

Just so you know, a rough estimate based on positive tests over the last two weeks, only about .1% of people in New Jersey are currently potentially contagious. If you assume that 10 times as many have it as have been tested positive, then you are up to as many as 1% of New Jersey's population currently being potentially contagious. From June until October, the numbers have been even lower.

At the high point in April, the numbers were upwards of about 3% of the population at any given time. Outside of a healthcare setting, and probably even outside of a respiratory illness ward, your chances of ever having contacted a person while they were contagious in a setting where you were likely to catch it, are vanishingly small. No miracles necessary. The fact that you haven't had a staph, strep, or yeast infection on your face is pretty miraculous, though.

Masks work! Any mask is better than no mask!
They sure do work. Work to suppress your speech. Work to scare people of each other and have fear dominate your lives. To divide people. Eventually mask requirements will be replaced by a phony half ass vaccine. So they achieve many objectives but fighting a so called pandemic isn't one of them