Can you actually be forced to wear a mask in the building indefinitely?

UnionGuy

I only wear a mask because it's cold. But back when it was hot, I never wore it. Supervisors didn't tell me anything. Only dealt with safety committee and the manager, but I never got in trouble for it.

Faceplanted

“It's a control device, but not in the way you think. They're a constant visual reminder to normies that we're in a "pandemic". This passive panic aura makes the population less resistant to whatever new government control plan gets rolled out.

If it weren't for mask mandates and everyone being scared of each other constantly, COVID would be some distant flu affecting a very tiny portion of the population and killing even less. If the government tried enforcing business shutdowns and gathering restrictions under maskless conditions they would face significantly more pushback, possibly even violence”

542thruNthru

“It's a control device, but not in the way you think. They're a constant visual reminder to normies that we're in a "pandemic". This passive panic aura makes the population less resistant to whatever new government control plan gets rolled out.

If it weren't for mask mandates and everyone being scared of each other constantly, COVID would be some distant flu affecting a very tiny portion of the population and killing even less. If the government tried enforcing business shutdowns and gathering restrictions under maskless conditions they would face significantly more pushback, possibly even violence”
source-17.gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Can you actually be forced to wear a mask in the building indefinitely?​

....the answer is yes, just like you can be told what type of shoes to wear.

How did this thread manage to persist for five months?

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right

Can you actually be forced to wear a mask in the building indefinitely?​

....the answer is yes, just like you can be told what type of shoes to wear.

How did this thread manage to persist for five months?
Probably has something to do with the fact that no one wears a mask in a lot of places, despite the signs posted all over the place saying they're required.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Oh darn! If only those naughty people would just do as they're told and wear their masks! Lol. It has absolutely nothing to do with masks not being effective. :lol:
Listen, I’ve already seen all your outdated articles that show how they don’t work. What’s crazy is how many times people wearing masks have cause super spreader events. But you are the smartest Teamster ever. Why would I doubt you? I mean you told me in April that wearing a mask would cause me to get multiple viral infections. I am still waiting. Can you tell us more about collecting rocks instead? It’s much more interesting.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Oh darn! If only those naughty people would just do as they're told and wear their masks! Lol. It has absolutely nothing to do with masks not being effective. :lol:
Actually, can you tell me more about how horrible our government is? I enjoy your paranoia. Maybe cite something other than mask usage that makes “them” coming for us? Cool.

zimbomb

Masks are about world government control. They clearly don't work.

ᴾᵒˢᵗᵉᵈ ᶠʳᵒᵐ ᵖᵉʳˢᵒⁿᵃˡ ᵗʳᵃᶜᵏᶦⁿᵍ ᵃⁿᵈ ˡᶦˢᵗᵉⁿᶦⁿᵍ ᵈᵉᵛᶦᶜᵉ

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Actually, can you tell me more about how horrible our government is? I enjoy your paranoia. Maybe cite something other than mask usage that makes “them” coming for us? Cool.

Does that mean your status is a reference to me? I'm honored. Who is the "they" you are referring to? I've actually explained why and how bad ideas spread without requiring conspiracy. If you think it requires a conspiracy for bad ideas to spread, that's your issue.

I'll have to go back and look at what I wrote. I have learned some over time, but I think I explained that a moist cloth strapped right over your mouth and nose is a great place for bacteria and viruses to collect and stay alive. I do tend to use exaggeration often to help sell my points. I try to tailor my posts to the level of understanding of the people I'm replying to, but even then a lot of people read what they want to read. I tend to forget others reading along may misunderstand as well.

I know I've been having more problems with congestion since wearing masks. If you aren't experiencing problems, good on you. Unsurprisingly I can't seem to find stats on upper respiratory bacterial infections lately.

Lastly, I hope you understand that "outdated" doesn't mean irrelavent. There are plenty of random controlled studies in the last decade that show no evidence of masks slowing the spread of influenza like illness. The most recent information supporting mask use has been based on laboratory tests that have shown that masks reduce the amount of viral rna but that information doesn't translate into reduced spread in the real world, poorly done statistical analyses, and surveys which show that wearing a mask doesn't prevent infection.

Honestly. The information is all there. I can even explain the mechanics behind why masks don't slow the spread. If you want to believe they help, have at it.

slingshot90

I love how people already have come down with "common colds" since the weather has gotten cooler, and most of them wear masks where required....yet they continue to wear them. They don't work. They will never work. Stop consenting to this gross ritualistic nonsense. It's a game to the people controlling the strings. It's not a conspiracy, although I do love how people like to throw that around as if it suddenly discredits the notion that this is, in fact, the biggest conspiracy we've ever been apart of.

zimbomb

I love how people already have come down with "common colds" since the weather has gotten cooler, and most of them wear masks where required....yet they continue to wear them. They don't work. They will never work. Stop consenting to this gross ritualistic nonsense. It's a game to the people controlling the strings. It's not a conspiracy, although I do love how people like to throw that around as if it suddenly discredits the notion that this is, in fact, the biggest conspiracy we've ever been apart of.
It's not a conspiracy, just the biggest conspiracy ever!

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
@MyTripisCut is spot on. It sucks and for all we know wearing a mask doesn’t prevent a damn thing; but people are stupid and if flipping a piece of cloth over my mouth for 5 minutes makes the stupid people were delivering to feel more secure; it’s really not a big deal. The vast majority of medical experts are recommending wearing a mask. I drive around and drop boxes off at houses for a living, so whatever I believe or think about the recommendation is irrelevant to the general public.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
It's not a conspiracy, just the biggest conspiracy ever!

He means that if there were, in fact, a conspiracy, calling it a conspiracy theory doesn't actually change the fact that there is a conspiracy. It's just the latest buzz phrase, which is an ad homin fallacy, among other types of fallacies, to try to dismiss an idea without having to actually think about anything.

Calling something a conspiracy theory suggests that the theorist is implying that something unlawful is going on. But in reality, this sort of thing is usually a result of very real psychological phenomena such as group think. People may actually believe they are doing the right thing, or believe that their authority figures actually know what they are talking about, but that's not necessarily the case. As systems become more complex, the chances for anyone being competent at making decisions within that system go down. This is why individual liberty and freedom are the only way to go. People have to be free to make their own decisions, and free to face the natural consequences of those decisions.

I realize most people reading this will not fully grasp all of the concepts I bring up. That's ok. Just understand that an authority figure isn't necessarily correct, I mean, Trump is president, right? A group of authority figures agreeing on something doesn't make them right.