Can you get fired for fighting coworker outside of work?

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I wonder if you can get fired for not using the correct pronouns when addressing a supervisor . I always thought the nickname for Richard was appropriate.

rickyb

at my toxic old capitalist job people were always getting or almost getting in fist fights and the cops were there.

one guy even wanted to fight me just outside company property

kiss me u fool

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
I had to defend a guy who head butted another employee . He lied like a rug said it was an accident and got away with it . The other employee eventually lost his job for stealing . I had to represent him also . Both of them were not model citizens .

Gabba

It's a vicious cycle
I'd say yea you probably could get fired for it. if you didn't do it cleanly. that would include making sure you're not representing UPS in any way while doing so, like wearing your uniform or doing it in the parking lot of UPS or while your uniformed coworkers are spectating or boasting to a camera after bloodying your opponent and incidentally mentioning that you work for UPS. you'd have to make sure both parties to the fight consented to it. and that it didn't result in any significant injuries that impaired one's ability to work. if there was an injury, that did prevent you from working, misrepresenting the cause on something like a workman's comp form would be criminal fraud and the cardinal infraction of dishonesty. like if the other guy dislocates his knee just from footwork or slips and cracks his skull open, you're opening yourself up to all sorts of legal liability.

can you do all that reliably? and you're sure the other guy isn't going to betray you and take out a restraining order against you? yea the union would put up resistance, fight for you, but they're not going to do so with passion because you're acting like a jackass and making them look like a bunch of jackasses, they might very well let the company beat them at it.

Just don't do it. you're not in junior high anymore, stop acting like it.

nWo

UPS has that whole anti harassment policy. Beating up a coworker could probably be called harassment.

robot

Has A Large Member
Just ask him to do mutual combat. Maybe it’s legal in your state!

Beat the hell out of each other. Then go grab a beer. You’ll probably end up good friends after