Can you lose your job over this.....

BUCN85

I do realize I messed up big time I'm not denying that. Suspension did seem excessive for me never having past issues. A good reaming would have justified.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
While I certainly don't want you to lose your job I would hope that you would agree that 40 late NDA's cannot be swept under the rug.

It sounds like they are suspending the new kid to send a message to the rest of the drivers.
We have this thing called a "union" that has a bunch of writing in it about things like this called a " contract". This driver , should "send a message" to management. We have a binding contract. Follow it.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
I do realize I messed up big time I'm not denying that. Suspension did seem excessive for me never having past issues. A good reaming would have justified.
You are entitled to be paid for today.
The company is banking that you will not pursue the pay.

DO NOT ACCEPT A SUSPENSION.

If you don't want to fight it, tell them you will only accept a warning letter and we will call Thursday a scheduled day off.
It shows that you are acknowledging culpability.
They will take you up on the offer.

I would personally hold out for the pay also, but I understand why some would rather not.

Pick your poison, but a suspension is unacceptable.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Well I didn't even get a letter. Incident happened Wednesday. Suspended Thursday
UPS can take you out of service while they "investigate" it. But you should still be on the payroll. It sounds like they suspended you because they don't believe you.

Once they find out it happened like you said it did, you should be back with full back pay.

undies

I once forgot to drop off my east coast air after picking up from two UPS stores. Drove into the building and BOOM, I remembered. It was about 40 pieces...I felt so terrible and guilty. They were pissed, but I didn't even get a write up. Mistakes happen, just don't make it a trend!

Dr.Brownz

Suspended until further notice pending on investigation. Is what I was given this morning

Are you a newer driver?

They are just trying to put the fear in you. Forget there BS you did the best you could. You'll be back in no time. Make sure you get all your back pay, don't let them intimidate you into not taking it all. Enjoy your paid vacation! I was in a similar spot as you once, talk with the union and file as many grievances as you can.

O/C

UPS can take you out of service while they "investigate" it. But you should still be on the payroll. It sounds like they suspended you because they don't believe you.

Once they find out it happened like you said it did, you should be back with full back pay.
Usually the local hearing is a fishing expedition for the company to get info on your situation, with the hope of you saying something they could use to further intimidate or terminate. That is why they called you a liar, trying to pull your chain make you angry and say something stupid. Common practice by management to make you feel like a slug, to start second guessing your actions, it is pathetic and beyond stupid. State the facts and nothing more, sounds like you did call in the service failure so the dishonesty thing will not stick. Really best of luck, and watch the circus .

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Yes

There was no customer complaint and he was only a couple minutes late. It's just some higher up manager trying to find something to do so he can pretend he helped UPS.

Yeah, no refund if customer doesn't complain so the late airs were just an internal UPS issue.