Can you make a living off of this job?

eats packages

Deranged lunatic
If you work a building in the middle of a city then the hours (and hourly pay) tend to be higher. I easily earn an extra $50 a day than the outer 2 buildings.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
Alright so I made it though Peak Season and I was the few lucky ones that they kept. But I notice that my hours will be cut by a lot since the peak season is over. Is it possible to make a living off of this job alone? Or do you guys have other part time jobs or do something else to make up for the income.
With you being guaranteed to be layed off, a lot. At least through February. I’d supplement your income with a second gig

Goku

You can make a living off this job, but not at first. You need to be here a few years and earn a few pay increases. You could probably make it work with a roommate though.

Heavy Package

What job would you recommend?

Cheerleader for the Dallas Cowboys

malecheerleader.jpg

The Real Jack RyanMI6

Alright so I made it though Peak Season and I was the few lucky ones that they kept. But I notice that my hours will be cut by a lot since the peak season is over. Is it possible to make a living off of this job alone? Or do you guys have other part time jobs or do something else to make up for the income.
Everyone is different, you didn't post your budget. Money needs food, housing, car, insurance, fun, etc.. Nor Should You! That's your business, that being said talk to someone you trust on your shift get a realistic feel for hours you can expect, extra work available etc.. see if this will fill your needs. I built in a 10 to 15 percent cushion when I started. And tried to live on the budgeted amount. Never worked, I had two young children at the time. And two other jobs as well. Good luck UPS can be a good option for those that don't really fit elsewhere. I chose this because it fit best with the promises and commitments I made to my wife when I asked her to marry me. I knew she had various health conditions, she most likely would never be able to work outside the home or at all. I understood when we were dating that for our lives I would have to bring in all the income and care for her health needs, she also wanted to be as close to her family, within a days travel if possible, I made all these promises a reality. Not an easy thing I had to give up other career choices and opportunities. I knew all this prior to asking her to marry me. Call it corny or whatever not your life. Just mine. Just my opinion and experience

Last edited:

lolbr

I bought a 3 bedroom home, a new car, and a new motorcycle (all in a couple years span) on part time income only. Was only paying on the home still when I went full time. At the time though, I didn't have a wife or kids.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Bro, you can buy these if you work here......

36D42B24-82D3-43D0-A9C9-FF4AC0069339.jpeg

Returntosender

Uber is a horrible idea, same with Lyft. If you are going that route, might as well sign up to deliver for Amazon. They are pay about the same.
Amazon pays more but you wait inline at the warehouse. You wait and all packages have a drivers you just wasted time in the line