Can you turn off telematics?

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Again, this is falsifying documentation. Dishonesty is a cardinal offense. Just had someone fired for this last week when they had no telematics to show for the accident they were just in.
Yep
Have done this before when instructed by an on road when the car was having bulkhead door issues
Would never do it on my own

Zowert

Yep, just unplug the black box in the back. ;)
That would work. Last year I got a DIAD message, “Call center immediately” uhm alright.. Turns out I disappeared from their radar. Supe asked if I messed with that black box behind the bulkhead, no why would I do that. “Okay, stay there we are sending someone out there.” Not sure what happened but later found out that it malfunctioned somehow. They brought me a new truck and I spent the next 90 minutes moving my volume into it. So yeah, don’t unplug that. They’ll be on you quick, that is if they can find out where you are.

Spanky250

That would work. Last year I got a DIAD message, “Call center immediately” uhm alright.. Turns out I disappeared from their radar. Supe asked if I messed with that black box behind the bulkhead, no why would I do that. “Okay, stay there we are sending someone out there.” Not sure what happened but later found out that it malfunctioned somehow. They brought me a new truck and I spent the next 90 minutes moving my volume into it. So yeah, don’t unplug that. They’ll be on you quick, that is if they can find out where you are.

So they added 2 hours to your day, just because they couldn't see a little brown truck icon moving around on a computer screen? That's ridiculous. How the friend:censored2: did we deliver packages before gps?

bumped

I hope you didn't count any of that down time as lunch/breaks.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

We got that also. My center manager at the time was a pretty straight up guy and right after he said that lie he stopped and said. "Guy we all know why this program is really here. So be smart about it." That's when they also told us what would happen if we tampered with it.

Its also why I laugh when people put the info notice on the monitor. If it was really a camera do you think UPS would allow that... I mean come on.
Yeah that info notice thing is still going on. Meanwhile I think most people don’t realize there is a camera on the diad.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

They were all but ready to fire me years ago over tampering with the telematics. They made me stay in the office while they looked over the car. Turns out the mechanic put a new DVIR barcode in the cab and had one number typed in wrong. Somehow that made me not be on their radar the entire day before. No apology of course.

Spanky250

Wait for it....you are being obtuse.
Think.
Hard I know.

Pkg tracking? All that....

Like I said, far more complicated.

To be fair...you could deliver from horse and buggy....

But I digress.....

Package tracking is done through the DIAD, not the GPS module in the package car.

As I said, there's no reason he couldn't continue to deliver the packages without the GPS module. It's just management being stupid as usual.

Zowert

So they added 2 hours to your day, just because they couldn't see a little brown truck icon moving around on a computer screen? That's ridiculous. How the friend* did we deliver packages before gps?
Yeah, I was PISSED. I guess they really like knowing where you are at all times.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
My last three months before I retired were a blast when it came to Telematics. If ANYTHING was said about infractions I'd make them cry. My favorite trick was to leave the Bulk Head Door open when i drove forward about three feet( i ran a very rural route,noone but me on the road) then shut it. I delighted in telling management I did not care about the Telematics report as I was retiring soon and what are they going to do to me anyways? I had my onroad PLEADING with me to "be good" as the DM was chewing their :censored2: about it .It was very very funny.I';d grab the sheet and ask him what else can I get in trouble over????