Can you turn off telematics?

Netsua 3:16

AND THAT’S THE BOTTOM LINE
My last three months before I retired were a blast when it came to Telematics. If ANYTHING was said about infractions I'd make them cry. My favorite trick was to leave the Bulk Head Door open when i drove forward about three feet( i ran a very rural route,noone but me on the road) then shut it. I delighted in telling management I did not care about the Telematics report as I was retiring soon and what are they going to do to me anyways? I had my onroad PLEADING with me to "be good" as the DM was chewing their * about it .It was very very funny.I';d grab the sheet and ask him what else can I get in trouble over????
Eventually they will figure out that
THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU FU** A STRANGER IN THE ASS

Darmark7

Retired 2020. Not my Problem Anymore!
If you do your job by the book you love telematic, if you don’t you hate telematic. That’s all a supervisor needs to know. When Telematics came to our center I could tell who I would follow, if I was a supervisor, by the amount of complaining about telematics. I loved Telematics because when I was on vacation it kept the runners from doing everything wrong to get in early and if they still did I would just ask the Supervisor to review the Telematics.

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
If you do your job by the book you love telematic, if you don’t you hate telematic. That’s all a supervisor needs to know. When Telematics came to our center I could tell who I would follow, if I was a supervisor, by the amount of complaining about telematics. I loved Telematics because when I was on vacation it kept the runners from doing everything wrong to get in early and if they still did I would just ask the Supervisor to review the Telematics.
You sound like a rat !!!

Darmark7

You sound like a rat !!!
No I did the job like it was suppose to be done and they paid me by the hour. I never had to look over my shoulder but you sound like a runner gunner Supervisor :censored2: kisser. If you do the job right it’s hard to do it wrong yet if you do the job wrong it’s hard to do it right. 🤔

Last edited:

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
No I did the job like it was suppose to be done and they paid me by the hour. I never had to look over my shoulder but you sound like a runner gunner. If you do the job right it’s hard to do it wrong yet if you do the job wrong it’s hard to do it right. 🤔
That’s awesome
But why do you feel the need to RAT out fellow teamsters or are you a scab also?

Darmark7

That’s awesome
But why do you feel the need to RAT out fellow teamsters or are you a scab also?
I never ratted out anyone. If the supervisor came to me and asked why someone could run a route faster than me I just said look at telematic. If that person didn‘t do anything wrong they had nothing to hide. I usually didn’t even know who ran my route. I came in a couple minutes before start time did my job clocked out and went home. After 39+ years there I didn’t know 3/4 of the drivers and didn’t even know the names of a few supervisors. I didn’t talk to the supervisors unless they started the conversation. I guarantee you have said more about drivers and supervisors than I ever did.

Last edited:

quad decade guy

Package tracking is done through the DIAD, not the GPS module in the package car.

As I said, there's no reason he couldn't continue to deliver the packages without the GPS module. It's just management being stupid as usual.
Ok.

The truck tracking is integral to ALL of the "tracking".

Say, why do you think EVERYONE has such tracking....even your passenger car?

How do you know....actually know what that ups module does? Exactly now.

quad decade guy

You're right, I forgot, we never delivered any packages before telematics....
True......

However, not relevant to modern times.....

Our "system" depends on "tracking".....proof of delivery.....

It is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Revenue depends on it. REVENUE. See?

Tracking and delivery conformation....part of the process.

And to relate otherwise is simply not relevant.

Want to debate some more? How about seatbelts.....I'm sure you can prove seatbelts kill people......and Covid shots.....See?

Spanky250

True......

However, not relevant to modern times.....

Our "system" depends on "tracking".....proof of delivery.....

It is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY. Revenue depends on it. REVENUE. See?

Tracking and delivery conformation....part of the process.

And to relate otherwise is simply not relevant.

Want to debate some more? How about seatbelts.....I'm sure you can prove seatbelts kill people......and Covid shots.....See?

Again, package tracking (for the customer) and delivery confirmation are done through the DIAD over cellular networks, in real time. Not through telematics or the package car GPS module. The package tracking done with the package car GPS module is for UPS management, for example to determine if you were not at the delivery location when you sheeted an NDA.

Do you argue just for the sake of arguing?

Be safe out there.

Last edited: