Cardinal sin termination

clean hairy

In a case like this, the person got caught.
But then, it raises the question of how much has this person stolen previously before he got caught?
At lest, that is a point management could raise.

BUCN85

Totally agree !!!

I've delivered to houses and walked past some change on the driveway.
100 times out of a 100, I never picked up a cent.
Just a thought of taking it off private property made me think of it as stealing.

NOW, I did find a 50 dollar bill in the parking lot of an adult video store.
JACKPOT !!!!!!!!
Similar situation happened to me. $20 bill lying in the side walk. Pocketing it never crossed my mind. Put it under the pkg and left a note on the door that it was lying on their sidewalk. This job is too important for me and my family to lose..

MendozaJ

I don't believe his version of the story. Video game packages don't simply fall and burst open. It ain't dog food with Amazon tape. Also, your husband presumably had to re-tape the box before attempting delivery. Some poor guy working at Gamestop ended up with missing inventory that never made the shelves so he had to explain to his boss how he signed for a damaged package. Look beyond the theft and focus on the many steps of deception.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
A few things:

I can't tell you how many video game boxes I've seen busted open, either in the hub or especially PSC. It happens FREQUENTLY - video games, DVDs, etc.

Also, piracy is a very serious thing. Long story short, I had a few friends that were running a warez thing back in the day. It took only a year and a half, and the feds were on it, infiltrated it (quite convincingly I might add), and yes 6 of the 8 received prison time. The FBI page dedicated to this group is still up 15 years later. This was a multi-million dollar scheme, but IF this were a hot unreleased game, it's still very serious in Microsoft's eyes.

km3

Video game packages don't simply fall and burst open.

They do in the hub. I saw this exact thing happen last night. Packages take a lot of abuse in our system. People that should be retaping them don't, either out of laziness (focusing on other things), or because tape guns in UPS buildings are like cigarettes in prison. It's not unusual for packages to be so battered as they approach their final destinations that a fall from 3 feet or more would break the whole thing open.

Re-Raise

Is it really that hard not to steal?

You married a child who put his selfish short term wants ahead of his family. Something tells me this won't be the last time he disappoints you.

jaker

trolling
Alright let's focus on something else

What game was it and why didn't it cross his mind that Microsoft wouldn't know that you are playing a game that hasn't came out yet

If he would've waited until the game came out he would've been good

km3

Alright let's focus on something else

What game was it and why didn't it cross his mind that Microsoft wouldn't know that you are playing a game that hasn't came out yet

If he would've waited until the game came out he would've been good

Not that I condone it, but I was thinking the same thing. If he was smart enough to wait until it came out, or even 2 weeks after it came out, he'd still have a job. Now he's got a serious problem. No job, has to explain why he lost his job at UPS, insurance, mortgage, etc.. I hope it turns out well, but stealing is the one thing you'll never come back from here. :/

Box Ox

If anybody ever feels the urge to steal a $50 video game (or anything less valuable), just remind yourself that you'll have earned enough to buy it by the time you're done with your air run.

A personal vehicle full of stolen stuff probably wouldn't be worth the annual value of our benefit package alone. Stealing anything in any quantity is so far from worthwhile that the idea of stealing anything in the first place is mind-boggling.

bumped

I wash my hands when I'm done at work, because I don't want UPS to think I'm stealing the dirt. No way in hell he gets his job back.

rod

Retired 22 years
I don't believe his version of the story. Video game packages don't simply fall and burst open. It ain't dog food with Amazon tape. Also, your husband presumably had to re-tape the box before attempting delivery. Some poor guy working at Gamestop ended up with missing inventory that never made the shelves so he had to explain to his boss how he signed for a damaged package. Look beyond the theft and focus on the many steps of deception.

Boxslinger11

Next gen teamster
Happens a lot shippers will only put a piece of tape on a box and think it will hold. Hits the belt box pops open