Cardinal sin termination

dookie stain

Cornfed whiteboy
We had a dumb sumbitch steal iPhones from here once...like ten of them...sold them
All but one..activated one for himself...he'd have gotten away with it I'm guessing if he just used the cash he made selling them to buy a different one...traced it back to
Him...poof gone like the wind!

Savvy412

Like 4 years ago, this company van used to come into the hub and unload all this fudge during xmas (they are called fudgy wudgy) And a (decent) amount of boxes didnt have shipping labels on it. I didnt hear it out the guys mouth but the other guys sorting with me said the dude said if it doesnt have a label we can take them. The one guy, ( over the course of a week) had like 20 boxes of this fudge. And im talking like, a box for probably 20-30 of em)

I didnt take 1 damn box haha. But he walked out like it was nothing and nothing ever happened... I was pretty new at the time and didnt think TOO much of it. But looking back on it now

wtf was that??? lol

prob like 5 of these to a box.. Dude had xmas presents for the whole damn family
xkx00n.jpg

The Milkman

In a case like this, the person got caught.
But then, it raises the question of how much has this person stolen previously before he got caught?
At lest, that is a point management could raise.

I remember back in the 80's there was an older guy that worked for peak, he was I would say in his early 40's. He was laid off after peak and he would show up from time to time at the bldg. every few weeks bugging management about when they think he could start working again. Well in due time he was hired, now back then High values were placed behind your car, You did have to sign for them they were not to strict back then. Well the driver in the slot next to him for some reason was from time to time missing a pkg. ( cant remember all the details right now) but LP was watching because things were missing. So one day Mr Needs a Job took a pkg that was planted with the exploding powdered dye, Busted, when he came in his hands were all full of dye. Promptly fired, could not believe that the guy hounded and hounded to get into UPS at a later stage in life and blew his chance for a decent future.

rod

Retired 22 years
I remember back in the 80's there was an older guy that worked for peak, he was I would say in his early 40's. He was laid off after peak and he would show up from time to time at the bldg. every few weeks bugging management about when they think he could start working again. Well in due time he was hired, now back then High values were placed behind your car, You did have to sign for them they were not to strict back then. Well the driver in the slot next to him for some reason was from time to time missing a pkg. ( cant remember all the details right now) but LP was watching because things were missing. So one day Mr Needs a Job took a pkg that was planted with the exploding powdered dye, Busted, when he came in his hands were all full of dye. Promptly fired, could not believe that the guy hounded and hounded to get into UPS at a later stage in life and blew his chance for a decent future.

Ha ha---early 40's is not "OLDER" by any means.

The Milkman

Ha ha---early 40's is not "OLDER" by any means.

I started at 30, there were many younger than me already at UPS that started right out of High School. So I would say back then hiring a guy in his early to mid 40's knowing the demands of the job would be tougher on him than a 20 something

Returntosender

Seen a 27 year driver get fired for theft. Union tried to make the case that he was a 27 year employee, always been a good worker, never done anything like this before, one time mistake, etc. Division manager said I don't care if you've been here 27 years or 27 days, you steal and you're gone. He was gone.
I still see same employee theft of time and management lets individual get away with theft. You can leave the dash camera on when you go work. Individual is on video showing up to work late. But for some reason time says on time.

Returntosender

Sorry but your husband is a child. He stole a video game! What's next candy, baseball cards?

You can call him a great guy all you want but to most of us he's a A S S! He's the child that makes us all look bad. Because of people like him managment looks at us as untrustworthy.

Good lucky to you. His career is over. If he will steal a video game what's to stop him when something really expensive falls out of a box like Tiffany Co jewelry. Good luck and tell him to start applying to other places now.
The cheapest jewelry Tiffany sells comes through UPS. The real expensive stuff is through armed couriers.

bbsam

Staff member
Years ago a large local firearms manufacturer was shipping hand guns that ended up somehow walking out the front gate of UPS facilities in Chicago.

P

pickup

I guess Microsoft with his account on his gaming system bc they had all of his info.

Wow, you diagnosed the scenario correctly,so early in the thread with so little information. It's like solving a Wheel of Fortune puzzle with only two letters revealed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Only been at ups 28 years, but in my experience, you can't come back after theft, betting on a pt sup gaining seniority, and a jail sentence.