Cardinal sin termination

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Games are fun. What's wrong with having some fun in your spare time?
There's nothing wrong with it, but the fact is that generally, these things (TV, gaming) are way over-valued and do nothing in bettering yourself. "Entertainment" Of course, that's sort of the point of these distractions, to keep people satiated and well, stupid. :P

Dr.Brownz

But then, it raises the question of how much has this person stolen previously before he got caught?

How many other peoples thefts do they assume were him? How many other thieves are just going to lay low for a few months to years now to avoid being caught? Management thinks they stopped the theft problem right?

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There's nothing wrong with it, but the fact is that generally, these things (TV, gaming) are way over-valued and do nothing in bettering yourself. "Entertainment" Of course, that's sort of the point of these distractions, to keep people satiated and well, stupid. :P
Eh, different strokes I guess. I've never felt that all the free time you have should be spent "bettering yourself", I know guys who go fishing or play golf in their spare time, not my thing but they enjoy it so good for them. Computer games have been around for a long time now and some of us grew up with them. I also work out every day and dabble in photography, but if I feel like wasting a few hours playing games on a Saturday afternoon I don't see what the big deal is, it's just harmless fun.

StoptheAct1212

Sorry to hear that. But stealing is stealing...
If sure it was not the 1st time... finally got caught.... nothing is worth taking, in cost of your career....

clean hairy

How many other peoples thefts do they assume were him? How many other thieves are just going to lay low for a few months to years now to avoid being caught? Management thinks they stopped the theft problem right?
As far as this individual stealing in the future, yes.
Not all theft, but at least this one cannot steal anymore from UPS.
What I was trying to say originally, that management could make the point "He got caught this time, but how many if any other times might this person have stolen and not been caught?"

Ghost in the Darkness

I'd say its pretty grim even if there are people trying to get him a second chance. In all don't get down, hopefully he learns from it a becomes a better man. People make mistakes, its not something he can't overcome and get on the right track... whether at UPS or somewhere else. Good luck!!

Ms.PacMan

We had a dumb sumbitch steal iPhones from here once...like ten of them...sold them
All but one..activated one for himself...he'd have gotten away with it I'm guessing if he just used the cash he made selling them to buy a different one...traced it back to
Him...poof gone like the wind!
Our PD just bought technology that alerts them to stolen devices inside homes when they are driving thru a neighborhood.

OP - I feel sorry for you but there's no way he gets his job back.

Shiftless

He admitted to it when asked and returned the game. All of his supervisors and the supervisor manager are fighting for him too. He has many ties within UPS and that's the only strand of hope that I'm holding on to. :(

You may want to ask him again, as you may have misunderstood? I highly doubt any of his Sup's or Manager are fighting for him. They know he steals.
Sounds like he couldn't tell you the truth about how Management felt about his stealing also. Might be a good time to be suspect when his lip's are moving?

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I heard several years ago that the average age of a gamer was 34. WTF?! 34 and nothing better to do?
It's a good way to let off steam. It's cathartic to hear some 15 year old punk scream and cuss you out because you've yanked his character out of his car and beat him to death with a hammer , stolen his car drove around the block with it and run him over with his own vehicle in GTA5 online.

In my over 30 years I only know of 1 person getting his job back form stealing and that was because the supervisor did not follow correct procedures. The story was he ate some candy out of a open box on the sort. He admitted that he did it and was not sent home and was able to continue to work. The flowing day they terminated and walked him out. He got his job back 3 months latter after going to a national panel and argued management did not follow correct procedures by terminating him on the spot. He got his job back but with no back pay like he wanted.

Like it or not UPS has a Zero tolerance for stealing. If they let 1 person come back it opens up the door for other people who were fired try and get their job back.

People do make judgement mistakes all the time but when you start at UPS this is one of the first thing they tell you that you will be terminated for stealing.

542thruNthru

It's a good way to let off steam. It's cathartic to hear some 15 year old punk scream and cuss you out because you've yanked his character out of his car and beat him to death with a hammer , stolen his car drove around the block with it and run him over with his own vehicle in GTA5 online.

Haha who you trying to fool. You know damn well its the other way around. That 15 yo yanks you out of the car and beats you silly all while saying dirty things about your mom in a high pitch puberty voice.

Damn kids!

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
The old prostitute trick in Vice City is a good one too.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I have readily available cases of water to thank for ridding me of one extremely annoying/stupid/slobby driver. Not too bright to say the least.