zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
“That that”?

Double Talk

Here is the longest correct sentence of ‘thats’ which we have yet seen:

‘I assert that that, that that “that,” that that that that person told me contained, implied, has been misunderstood.’

It is a string of nine ‘thats’ which may be easily ‘parsed’ by a bright pupil.

Boston Journal of Education, cited in Bizarre Notes & Queries, November 1887

Double Talk - Futility Closet

Last edited:

Ubiquitous

Hey guys!
Yesterday was my first day as a seasonal “Driver Helper” here in Ohio. Which is in reality a cart driver. Obviously from reading the threads I’ve realized the likelihood of obtaining a part-time job are slim to none. I’m just looking for tips to help me while I’m living the UPS life for the next month.

I was with my trainer yesterday with load of 32 packages which was a breeze, we were done within a few hours. Tried to get farmiliar with the Diad and routine.

Today being my first day out wasn’t nearly as bad as I thought it would be. Leaving an infonotice didn’t KILL me, but calling my supervisor to walk me through it did .

Any tips on the weather?! As we’re expecting rain all day tomorrow..Like will people look at me even crazier if I’m in a poncho?! (Or is that doing too much) As far as my deliveries- How many do they usually push on a cart driver daily? And what did I do wrong if a delivery didn’t clear from the screen after stop completeing it? It processed after scanning and everything.

Thanks!
Make sure you have tarps hot liquids to drink I know in the south the last 2 weeks before Christmas I was delivering 190 stops per day but I was getting paid full-time wages as a so-called in the waiting in limbo full-time driver trying to obtain a waiver by the way drove golf carts in Florida three straight years two and a half months full-time wages

Ms.PacMan

I will admit that she is not at all what I pictured from her posts.
Even in person people are confused when I'm in uniform. I've had people tell me that my outfit makes me look like a UPS driver! I'll tap the logo on the shirt and say, that's because I am, and they still look at me like I'm lying to them.

Ms.PacMan

I'd love to see you in your browns.
Browns used to be cute. The shirts had darts at the waist and little pleats on the shoulder for women. Nice cotton pants. Now the shirts are plain and boxy and the seatbelt wears a. hole in the shoulder. The pants are weird and don't fit well. The uniforms sometimes turn purple or green now. I feel like a slob.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Browns used to be cute. The shirts had darts at the waist and little pleats on the shoulder for women. Nice cotton pants. Now the shirts are plain and boxy and the seatbelt wears a. hole in the shoulder. The pants are weird and don't fit well. The uniforms sometimes turn purple or green now. I feel like a slob.

Never liked the darts

Always made me feel bloated

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
E10EB6AB-96AE-4E00-BF3F-4D38F05F7BD1.jpeg
Don’t let this happen to you!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I came back from vacation Monday and my golf cart route finally got put in. They couldn't find the wood ramps for the pod so the wheel locks are put on the tire to keep the cart from being stolen. New hire golf cart driver showed up after driving 26 miles and got ticked off at 13 stops for his first training day. My new supervisor was trying to figure out how to work the new Helper phones, those things are a total joke. I'm still getting add/cuts for my golf cart route, this looks like a total disaster. The Helper wasn't even given a map of the route. He writes down the addresses from the packages on a notepad and drives around lost as he marks them off. Total Insanity.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I came back from vacation Monday and my golf cart route finally got put in. They couldn't find the wood ramps for the pod so the wheel locks are put on the tire to keep the cart from being stolen. New hire golf cart driver showed up after driving 26 miles and got ticked off at 13 stops for his first training day. My new supervisor was trying to figure out how to work the new Helper phones, those things are a total joke. I'm still getting add/cuts for my golf cart route, this looks like a total disaster. The Helper wasn't even given a map of the route. He writes down the addresses from the packages on a notepad and drives around lost as he marks them off. Total Insanity.
Typical Ups. No planning or training even though peak is the same time every year. HOW DOES THIS COMPANY STILL TURN A PROFIT!?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
nice paperweight you have on the seat there lol
My supervisor couldn’t even log into that stupid phone yesterday morning. I had to clean up my golf cart route every day because the helper can’t find his way around. I don’t think he is a keeper.

Rack em

Made the Podium
My supervisor couldn’t even log into that stupid phone yesterday morning. I had to clean up my golf cart route every day because the helper can’t find his way around. I don’t think he is a keeper.
Peak has started, I doubt Ups is letting go of any employees until peak is over. They think warm bodies in seats is better than nothing even though sometimes they do more harm than good.

DRporch

do you get a normal helper along with the golf cart helper?

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
do you get a normal helper along with the golf cart helper?
Yes, I get punished every year by dealing with two Helpers. I have been loaded up extra since mid-October to be the first driver to get one. My on-car Helper is a 57 year old Preloader with hearing aids. He isn’t fast, but he likes to work and shows up on time everyday.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

SNAFU

It’s the UPS way

DRporch

Yes, I get punished every year by dealing with two Helpers. I have been loaded up extra since mid-October to be the first driver to get one. My on-car Helper is a 57 year old Preloader with hearing aids. He isn’t fast, but he likes to work and shows up on time everyday.
i always tell my helper take your time we both get paid by the hour and your seasonal enjoy it while you can