Carwash

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Mine got washed yesterday, we were dispatched with tornado warnings and the heavy thunderstorms did the trick. Way over dispatched too, cover drivers were sent home. My supervisor actually called me early in the afternoon and apologized because he couldn't send me any help. Safety first as always.

packageguy

How often does your truck get washed? I'm a new driver coming up on a month and last night was the first time it had ever been washed since I started driving. Do you clean your own side window/mirrors? I've been having a rough time seeing out my driver side window & mirror and I've never seen anyone else spend any time cleaning their own window/mirror but just wondering if anyone does or just sucks it up.

So far the only thing I've cleaned is my rear camera lens. I've had to wipe the camera every couple of hours with my gloves for the last few days with the crappy weather.

our trucks get washed when we have visitors, it's a sad thing because ups will find a way to cut the job out too. car wash don't care to keep the job for the next guy.

I clean my truck once a week...

QKRSTKR

We have a car wash, drive thru as needed. Usually when we get back in evening. Inside windows get very dirty and I have to clean myself.

Integrity

Binge Poster
FYI:

It is a UPS Policy to keep UPS equipment clean.

Those local areas failing to do this are obviously in violation of UPS Policy.

Sincerely,
I

packageguy

FYI:

It is a UPS Policy to keep UPS equipment clean.

Those local areas failing to do this are obviously in violation of UPS Policy.

Sincerely,
I
they should be held accountable, one day my day will come I would like to finish with a job inside parking and cleaning trucks, yes I would do the right thing and safe for the next guy..

packageguy

littleboybrown,

I agree.

How to you propose to hold them accountable?

Sincerely,
I[/QUOTE

They have a job to do, just like us package car drivers, if we can't to the job they go after us,

They are no different, I am a firm believer no free rides, you pay us good money we should we should do the job the right way. I am a shop steward and tell drivers all the time do the right thing UPS has nothing but time and money, they will get you.

Integrity

Binge Poster
littleboybrown,

I agree.

How to you propose to hold them accountable?

Sincerely,
I[/QUOTE

They have a job to do, just like us package car drivers, if we can't to the job they go after us,

They are no different, I am a firm believer no free rides, you pay us good money we should we should do the job the right way. I am a shop steward and tell drivers all the time do the right thing UPS has nothing but time and money, they will get you.
littleboybrown,

Who is the they you are referring to?

I am not sure who needs to be held accountable?

Sincerely,
I

barnyard

KTM rider
agreed, but what do you do when they cut car wash hours?

This came up a while back and it was suggested that when you wash your own truck and do the windows, you code the time as 'carwash.' The center manager sees that time coded out and would rather pay for a carwasher than OT for drivers to do the same.

A bunch of us did it several summers ago and we had a PCM on how the center manager would make sure that everyone's truck got washed at least once a week.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
At my center, carwash is handled by an independent contractor. He is only allowed to was 50 cars per night and there are 100 PCs. Some nights it is too cold to wash. Some cars at extended centers drive mostly dirt roads and only get washed when they return, which is only for service or repairs. I usually need a shovel to clean up after everything is done.

TooTechie

Geek in Brown
I'm the original poster. I found out we have a fully automated car wash but drivers are not allowed to use it. Has to be done by the car wash guys. A couple days I've had a really rough time seeing out the window/mirrors. Guess I'll see if I can scare up some paper towels and spray to just clean the mirrors/windows after the daily pcm when it gets bad enough :/