Casual Feeder Pay Rate

KoennenTiger

Feeder bud in my local just told me they are planning on hiring 50 new plump truck monkeys. No way they can get that from package car guys even if they just start auto passing all the guys who can't back.

So looks like even more plump monkeys coming in from off the street.

Mack37

I know for a fact that off the street hiring is occurring in Indiana, Colorado and North Dakota.

All those locations hiring Fulltime off the street in Indiana are for teams out of Cach. I don’t think Indy has hired off the street in a long long time. They still do the seasonal thing.

I’ve heard once Plainfield is fully operational they may but who knows.

Well. After much back and forth, I am going to make the jump and give it a whack. I’m currently a linehaul driver for an LTL outfit as it is, but I’m not liking the direction of the company combined with some internal politics at my barn that corporate, hr and other levels of management don’t seem interested in fixing.

I crunched a bunch of numbers and I can hack the progression if I make it to eventually being offered permanent after 1/15.

Coming in this late before the September layoff, am I able to make it into the union by then? If not, how does that effect coming back for the holiday season? How long is the layoff in September and do they call back all the seasonals for the holiday business shorty after?

Just want to bust hump, happy to run out an 11hr drive clock 6 days a week (even if seniority doesn’t allow in the beginning).

Worse comes to worse, I can jump over to UPSF for a bit if I don’t get hired permanent after the holidays.

Road test tomorrow.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Well. After much back and forth, I am going to make the jump and give it a whack. I’m currently a linehaul driver for an LTL outfit as it is, but I’m not liking the direction of the company combined with some internal politics at my barn that corporate, hr and other levels of management don’t seem interested in fixing.

I crunched a bunch of numbers and I can hack the progression if I make it to eventually being offered permanent after 1/15.

Coming in this late before the September layoff, am I able to make it into the union by then? If not, how does that effect coming back for the holiday season? How long is the layoff in September and do they call back all the seasonals for the holiday business shorty after?

Just want to bust hump, happy to run out an 11hr drive clock 6 days a week (even if seniority doesn’t allow in the beginning).

Worse comes to worse, I can jump over to UPSF for a bit if I don’t get hired permanent after the holidays.

Road test tomorrow.
Stay away from freight. You want regular ups or cartage

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member

Road test tomorrow.
You might not get laid off at all, volume is up and a lot of places are short drivers.

Mack37

Sometimes I wonder if it wouldn’t be easier for those with a cdl/experience to take a part time package handler position and just sign up for feeders.

I know at the center I was at they would take package car guys first, part timers second and then open it up to other centers. I think the last time they said the list produced a whooping three candidates.