Caught on camera: UPS Driver kicks dog.

El Correcto

god is dead
I always kind of like it when a customers little dog runs at me, we both get a laugh out of it as I run away from it in "terror". Guy was probably just having a :censored2:ty time in his life or something.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I always kind of like it when a customers little dog runs at me, we both get a laugh out of it as I run away from it in "terror". Guy was probably just having a :censored2:ty time in his life or something.

I have to assume that you didn't bother reading any of the previous posts nor did you bother to watch the video as your post has absolutely nothing to do with this thread.

salt

> so you are saying you would kill someone if they kicked your dog?

No, but I'd kill someone who kicked my dog to prevent them from kicking my dog again, they had better stop immediately, freeze, and resign themselves to getting arrested. Failure to heed and comply with any of my verbal commands after you assault any member of my family will result in overwhelming lethal force.

When not armed I've taken a few swings, and if it turned in to a real fight, yes I would use lethal force. Day was I never had to hit anyone twice. Now I'm a lot older and not as formidable, I've had my own FFL licence for many years. I am of the opinion that folks who assault other folks are not guaranteed a happy ending. Over the years several folks, some rather mouthy folks, have "gotten religion" after they hear me rack a shell in my 12 gauge.

Anyone who carries a firearm has to ask themselves if they are willing to shoot another human being, now that I am elderly and disabled neither I nore the law now me the same standards of proportional force.

I'd use lethal force, if necessary, to protect myself; or any member of my family. BTW, The cost of a service dog is about $40,000. By law a service dog is "property" not a "pet", I consider Christopher family; we sleep every night with his head on my chest. Not that long ago I had someone almost run over my dog with his bicycle. I calmly explained the federal ADA and the state vehicular code as it applies to bicycles.

Then the other guy told me "I guess we will find out after I run over you dog."

That's when I knocked him on his ass; and told him that if he hits my dog "I'll take out all his teeth and he will have a ruptured rectum after I put the handle bars of his bike 24" up his arse." That settled him down. You don't injure a $40,000 dog who is a medical necessity and then go to trial and say: "ops, I'm really sorry."

I now live in PA, for years I lived in NM, where everyone "walked heavy". When everyone is well armed 99.9% folks are exceedingly polite.

If I was packing and some jerk was kicking any member of my family that person better stop within a half second after I yell "freeze". Then they better "keep your hands where I can see them at all times" and "Don't make any sudden moves." A shoe is a lethal weapon in every state, don't bring a shoe to gun fight.

At my age, and in my state of health, in PA; the legal obligation to use "proportional force" does not exist.

And I never bluff. If I yell "freeze" the gun is already loaded, the safety is off and have clear sight picture and I've take all the slack out of the trigger pull.

> so you are saying you would kill someone if they kicked your dog?

I'd argue they killed themselves, you'd be better off molesting a kid than molesting my dog. If they value their own life I would suggest they don't kick my dog. Now my dog is a supremely well trained dog who is never out of my sight or far from my side. It's not out attacking anyone. No one has any rational reason to attack it. Every business in town has hundreds of hours of video of Christopher being very civil to everyone he meets.

My whole point in contributing to this thread is to share the thought that if you kick my dog on a whim or just because you are having a bad day don't be too surprised if I do put 4 police loads in your chest. Having said that my UPS, USPS and Fed-ex folks all love Christopher. They are dog lovers who who don't kick other folks well behaved pets just because they are having a bad day. Whenever I do get a new person on my route they all tell me that their predecessor has mentioned to them just how nice Christopher is.

We walk in a large regional park every day for two hours, Christopher and I have thousands of "2 and 4" legged friends. The general opinion (among people and their dogs) is that among thousands of dogs Christopher has the best temperament, is the smartest and most obedient dog of the lot, even by service dog standards. Not a day goes by when we don't get a half dozen complements on his good manners and disposition.

I have protected him with my life in the past, and whenever the choice is Christopher or some jerk having a bad day, I would not hesitate.

If the idea of sudden death because you kicked a dog without much thought upsets you, good that was intention.

Iam going to save this to my drive so one day when you shot and kill some one it will be premeditated.....
you are the reason people don't like gun owners, you are far to aggressive to carry a gun.

as far as the driver and kicking the dog/pushing the owner, for one that dog was coming at him fast could have been barking before he was on the camera. the man came at him and was aggressive and from the angle you don't know if that guy touched his person at all... was the driver aggressive yes was he defending himself yes, this is clearly not the whole story but a clip from a cellphone not even the video file from the security camera.. you can't even see the faces clearly to see what the man was yelling at the driver, for all we know he could have been screaming "my dog!!!" or he could have been screaming "i am going to kill you for that" which would warranted more than a shove from the driver if he really felt threatened.