Caution: The Stock Market Is Starting To Overheat Again.

A

anonymous6

it's getting to be that time again when the market is slightly overvalued and people are jumping in to make some "easy money" so beware. the crest is in sight. if I knew exactly when it would top off I would be a trillionaire.

my best guess would be sometime in January , then we could see a 10-15 % "correction"

I don't worry too much about it because I don't try to "time" the market. I just use DCA ( dollar cost averaging ) and go for the long haul. I actually make more money when the market goes up and down all the time.

just a warning to people trying to make a fast buck.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Actually Dow 17k would start to overvalue the market. That would put it near its end range for all time P/E ratios. I'm not saying we aren't due for a correction but I think as long as the fed keeps easy money flowing we will see a steady upswing. It's getting near the top but there's still room for growth.

Im with you though. Dollar cost average and you'll be good. If I liked to play it though I would be out now or very soon and wait for that drop. Wish I had had about 100k in cash to buy when it was tanking a few years back. When everyone else is selling like mad its probably a good time to buy. If everyone is buying its probably close to time to sell.

A

anonymous6

Actually Dow 17k would start to overvalue the market. That would put it near its end range for all time P/E ratios. I'm not saying we aren't due for a correction but I think as long as the fed keeps easy money flowing we will see a steady upswing. It's getting near the top but there's still room for growth.

Im with you though. Dollar cost average and you'll be good. If I liked to play it though I would be out now or very soon and wait for that drop. Wish I had had about 100k in cash to buy when it was tanking a few years back. When everyone else is selling like mad its probably a good time to buy. If everyone is buying its probably close to time to sell.

once the fed stops feeding money into the economy it will drop to where it should be. Buffett recently issued a warning because he watched the value of the Wilshire 5000 relative to the (im not sure actually ) the market tanked when it was at 150% and right now it is at 105%. so, youre right we still have a way to go. BTW, a couple months ago I saw an opportunity with Exxon and bought. warren just bought some last week so I beat him to it but not 24 million shares worth, ha ha. ( or whatever it was )

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
once the fed stops feeding money into the economy it will drop to where it should be. Buffett recently issued a warning because he watched the value of the Wilshire 5000 relative to the (im not sure actually ) the market tanked when it was at 150% and right now it is at 105%. so, youre right we still have a way to go. BTW, a couple months ago I saw an opportunity with Exxon and bought. warren just bought some last week so I beat him to it but not 24 million shares worth, ha ha. ( or whatever it was )

Like they say it takes money to make money. I got in on Facebook at around $20. Not a bad year if I had enough money to make a difference. Lol

barnyard

KTM rider
I did not realize that Best Buy is up 300% from 1 year ago. I would bet that stocks do not go on sale again until the dow hits 17. I do not think that it will be a very long correction though.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
GMO thinks if you buy them now and hold them over the next seven or so years, they will all – all—lose you money in real, purchasing-power terms...

wilberforce15