CDL before feeder school

Cyclops

I just got disqualified for package car and I’m kind of relieved. Failing is embarrassing, but I got a taste of how much it would suck, so now I’m going to practice my face off and go for feeders in the spring. I was thinking I should go ahead and get my CDL beforehand so as to release the stress of it. Then I just need to pass the UPS weeklong class, which I’ll be ready for. Yeah?

I just got disqualified for package car and I’m kind of relieved. Failing is embarrassing, but I got a taste of how much it would suck, so now I’m going to practice my face off and go for feeders in the spring. I was thinking I should go ahead and get my CDL beforehand so as to release the stress of it. Then I just need to pass the UPS weeklong class, which I’ll be ready for. Yeah?
Thru aren't going to hire you for feeders if you can make it in package

Cyclops

"I sucked driving a package car so I should do good at driving a big right???.... Right???"
I drove the vehicle fine. The delivering part sucked, but didn’t really get a fair shake. Not really interested in defending myself on that as I don’t care if you believe it or not. I’d just like to get people’s opinions on getting a CDL before UPS feeder school. Thanks.

Mr95list

I drove the vehicle fine. The delivering part sucked, but didn’t really get a fair shake. Not really interested in defending myself on that as I don’t care if you believe it or not. I’d just like to get people’s opinions on getting a CDL before UPS feeder school. Thanks.
You need to do a year of safe driving in package before feeders will even think to look your way. One more time, if you couldn't cut it driving a package car, you won't have a chance in feeders at all.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
Do you even work at UPS now?

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
We have 5 open jobs right now for off the street in our building. Apply at upsjobs.com search tractor trailer driver

Quickdraw

Yeah I'm a off the street feeder myself we have hired prolly 75+ off the street feeders in the last four years luckly I was one of the first but you will have to have experience before they hire you.

brown_trousers

You need to do a year of safe driving in package before feeders will even think to look your way. One more time, if you couldn't cut it driving a package car, you won't have a chance in feeders at all.
Feeder doesnt look that hard. I dont think feeder driving is all that different from all the other LTL and FTL drivers out there. And i just dont see those guys needing our pkg car skill set to be good at their job.