cell hell

DS

Fenderbender
We have a large cell phone account that poses some new problems.Ok its an apartment,the name on the pkg is on
the directory,you key the # and they answer.Hi its UPS I
have a delivery for you.They say but I`m not home,I`m
at work,I say,I need a signature is there someone here
who will sign for you that might be home?Yes! my mother
lives in the building,she`s in 604,I`ll let you in.
She lets me in the building from work!...weird...
When you have 20 cell phones to deliver,on top of the other crap,sometimes its necessary to make 2nd attempts,in fact in our center,if we have more than 4 paid send agains,were supposed to call the center before we return to the bldg.
They decide if you should stay out late,make 2nd attempts,or come back.I hate cell phones.

DS

Fenderbender
Its worse,the first 3 months are free,then you get hooked.
because its so cool....and before you know it you have
another $135 monthly bill to pay on top of all the other ones.
At least the Nigerians ask for the money up front

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I hate cell phones.
They are the downfall of society.
People cannot even conduct their business without being on it, and you can never tell who the heck they are talking to. It slows down everything, but they are usually the ones who have nothing to do but yak, that use them irresponsibly. I use mine seldom, except on weekends, I dont even check it to see who calls. When I do hear it ring it scares the heck out of me since it never rings.
I have mine for free long distance to talk to my grandkids, and I use it for work. Other than that I wouldnt have it. My longest conversation is about 2 minutes.

DS

Fenderbender
As I sat stopped at a crosswalk yeasterday,,some fishead in an SUV passed me on the right.I had to tap my horn to warn
the person this guy was not stopping.
There he was, one hand on the wheel one stuck to his head,
off his own little world.
I think all us ups drivers should be deputized so we can make citizens arrests.

moreluck

golden ticket member
Cell phones are definitely my pet peeve. I'm next to somebody on the freeway and they start drifting into my lane....yikes! I can't even tell you the number of times I have yelled out loud, alone in my car, "HANG UP & DRIVE!" Freakin' idiots!!

I do not own a cell phone. Hubby does. If there's an emergency, everyone around me has one and they can dial 911. If hubby's phone rings, I just look at it....I refuse to answer it.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
As I sat stopped at a crosswalk yeasterday,,some fishead in an SUV passed me on the right.I had to tap my horn to warn
I agree totally. Not to go off on a rant BUT.
Its technically the first of the month. They all got THEIR checks today, :mad: technically they got money from us. For doing nothing. It was a nightmare. (canada may be different)
Funny how people have to get food stamps, and welfare money but they have cell phones....must be waiting for that call for a job, HEH. :confused:1

I was trying to get checks from an Arab mart for 9k worth of hair, and some lady walks in with a fist full of money, I am not kidding you, just carrying the cash, in her slippers, and night pants, wanting to know if the store clerk had any batteries, (wonder what they would be for) then went on to buy some hair:blush: , to make her Friday fabulous. She would have needed more than fake hair to make it fabulous, I cant picture her lookin hot, unless she put it all on and then lit it.

She was talking on her cell phone at the same time. Some car with temporary paper plates expired 3 months ago, almost hit me turning right off of a road, one hand on the wheel, and one on his phone, he came clear over in my lane, I had just seen him at the liquor store. Missed a left turn arrow and had to wait another three minutes coz some yakaboob, had to be on his phone and wait til the light turned yellow to go. :crying:
The first of the month is bad. And it makes it worse when I know the money they get for nothing is impeding my route to that most important stop of the day.........

Then their is the wench at the lotto window getting "HER" check cashed, and buys 300$ in lotto tickets, and throws them out the window one by one as she loses, while chatting on the phone that I am paying for. Makes me ill, to be continued.

DS

Fenderbender
You deliver hair? You dont wanna have late hair.
That was a good rant tooner.
I cant picture her being hot...:lol: some
folks have thier own ....aura...odor...way...
I found a nokia cell phone today in a nice little leather case on the grass making a delivery today.I gave it to the receptionist,I couldnt figure out how to turn it on.

huskres

If you were deputized it wouldnt be a citizens arrest :D

ups79

The hell of it too is that a lot out there are missing their mortgage payments but "don't you dare take their cell phone".

browniehound

I too, hate cell phones. I am a hypocrite though. I use one. I don't have land line at my house. My cell phone is my phone. Why have 2 phone bills? I never exceed my minutes per month as I hate talking on the phone. I think the cell phone is a great convience for us UPS drivers though. The thing that irks me or the people that irk me are the ones who will be in line at dunkin donuts or mcdonalds and they are still talking on their phone while the poor person behind the counter is trying to take their order. Is the call so important that you can't hang up and call them back?:confused:1 It always seems to be a young member of the fairer sex too:wink: