Cell phone ticket on driving school

BROWNCAT

I'm on my third day of the Driving School, and today driving around my house on my car got my first ticket EVER!!! after years with a clean license, a cell phone usage ticket... Anybody knows if I'm still trainable and/or qualified to drive?

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
I'm on my third day of the Driving School, and today driving around my house on my car got my first ticket EVER!!! after years with a clean license, a cell phone usage ticket... Anybody knows if I'm still trainable and/or qualified to drive?

How big of a house do you live in that you got a cell phone ticket driving around it?

They'll disqualify you if they feel like it.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
It's considered a moving violation....but ups makes exceptions for some, and not for others so you never know what might happen...lol

BROWNCAT

I'm thinking about declaring myself not guilty and fight the ticket in court because I did put the phone on my ear to hear if the sound was coming from the earpiece but not actually to talk on the phone because my car has bluethooth and I couldn't hear any noise from my car speakers... But given the fact that I'm training and in probation I don't think I'll have time to go to court to solve this... I'll see on monday what happen... Hopefully I'll survive but I'm really worried...

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
Hire a lawyer and get him to delay it in court until you make book. Hell, if you know enough about your local legal system, you can do the same thing yourself two or three times. When it's all said and done, get a bluetooth.

PhatAzz

What Piedmont said. Just because you got a ticket doesn't mean you're guilty. When's your court date? Is it after your school is over???? You never know. It might get dismissed. I've had speeding tickets dismissed just for showing up at court. I had to pay court costs. The money spent was close to the same for the court costs, but, it was "cheaper" than getting the points on my license. Pretty sure it's not on your record until you have your day in court. (unless you waive the court hearing and pay the fine)

BrownChoice

If you only have 1 ticket your most likely okay, but theres always a chance... Try to work a deal or use a lawyer. Where i am the Teamster lawyer is available free of charge. Ive gotten 3 traffic tickers dismissed completely, free of charge :-)

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
What Piedmont said. Just because you got a ticket doesn't mean you're guilty. When's your court date? Is it after your school is over???? You never know. It might get dismissed. I've had speeding tickets dismissed just for showing up at court. I had to pay court costs. The money spent was close to the same for the court costs, but, it was "cheaper" than getting the points on my license. Pretty sure it's not on your record until you have your day in court. (unless you waive the court hearing and pay the fine)

Unfortunately, I'm a lot more familiar with my local judicial system than I'd like to admit. That's the only reason I know how to play the game.

:peaceful:

sortaisle

Livin the cardboard dream
It shouldn't be a moving violation. They give cell tickets if you're stopped at a stop light and have your face in your phone. Not moving then. Unless they consider one a non moving violation and the other a moving violation...but they should have different consequences. My gut says they don't and that messes with my logic.

PiedmontSteward

RTW-4-Less
It shouldn't be a moving violation. They give cell tickets if you're stopped at a stop light and have your face in your phone. Not moving then. Unless they consider one a non moving violation and the other a moving violation...but they should have different consequences. My gut says they don't and that messes with my logic.

You're trying to apply logic to local traffic ordinances, which are designed to make money for county governments. That's mistake #1.

:funny:

Notretiredyet

Go to court and plead it down to a non moving violation and pay the fine. Check the back of the ticket for instructions, call the court and ask how to do it. Then learn to put the phone away while you're driving, cause if they catch you on it while driving the truck you won't be driving long.

We don't care about the ticket in your personal vehicle. What we're worried about is how soon till you get one in one of our vehicles.

A

anonymous6

maybe you shouldn't be driving for us if youre using a cell phone while driving. I have to put up with you idiots everyday in feeder. the law is there for a good reason. the cell phone usage while driving is the new DUI.

hubrat

Squeaky Wheel
maybe you shouldn't be driving for us if youre using a cell phone while driving. I have to put up with you idiots everyday in feeder. the law is there for a good reason. the cell phone usage while driving is the new DUI.

Amen. I wish they'd outlaw it here. DOT has for commercial drivers but that hasn't stopped many of them. I still find folks' idiocy & self-importance stunning.

BrownChoice

I dont think its the cell usage while driving as much as the carelessness, while doing so. If your gonna use your phone in ANY vehicle, pay attention and for gods sake DO NOT TEXT!!!!

UPSGUY72

Have you learned your lesson ? That worse that speeding... get caught driving using cellphone in commercial vehicle (aka a UPS package car) it's going cost you and UPS at least $1000..

They probably already ran you driving record since your in driving school so it won't be a problem this year. But next year when they ask you to fill out your yearly moving violation report it could be especially if you get a speeding ticket between now and then.

Last edited: