Centennial shifts

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Tgz9911, Apr 11, 2019.

1. Tgz9911

Tgz9911 New Member

I am currently waiting for hands on test for pe maintenance mechanic at centennial hub. I am scheduled later this month. I am wondering in anyone could give me any information on shifts there. The hiring department said they think that they’re rotating but didn’t get any other information. I haven’t been offered a job yet but any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

2. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

3. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

4. Indecisi0n

Indecisi0n Well-Known Member

He needs help with a hands on test . Can you help?

5. Operational needs

Operational needs Virescit Vulnere Virtus

I think there are others here who are much better at hands on tests.

6. Tgz9911

Tgz9911 New Member

Just curious about shift schedules if anyone here worked out there for maintenance.

7. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

How ya doin.gif

8. I'm a PE mechanic but not at that hub. Our shifts do not rotate, the shift schedule is laid out for the appropriate coverage and bid by seniority every April. I can't promise you that shifts aren't rotating at that hub but I strongly doubt it. We had to fight to even get 4-10's because they were afraid to deviate from a standard 5 days a week 8 hours a day schedule.

If you don't have a favorite flavor crayon and you have any business doing any industrial maintenance job whatsoever, you will pass the hands on test.

9. Tgz9911

Tgz9911 New Member

Thank you. Appreciate the information. I’ve been in manufacturing maintenance for quite some time and every place that I’ve tested into made it sound like the hardest test ever. I still fall for it every time.

10. There are very few if any PE mechanics who regularly post on this site. If you have any questions about the job or the test feel free to PM me. Technically I signed an NDA about the test so I "will not disclose details about the test" if you catch my drift.

"It's a very hard job", be sure you have unlimited data. You'll likely start on a night shift where the building runs wide open.

11. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

What exactly is that job?

12. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Randomly hammering on things and riding around on the mobile tool cart

13. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

Is that the guy that fixes ripped belts?

14. burrheadd

burrheadd KING Of GIFS

Occasionally

15. I'm in an automated hub, so that job is running around chasing down what packageboy :censored2:ed up. Automated is much less robust than conventional. Stuff breaks in a big way once a week or so, as opposed to once a year or so for a conventional hub.

16. Staydryitsraining

Staydryitsraining Active Member

Start at 27 end at 45 after 2 years. Same benefits as a driver but make alot more and do alot less. If you work in a automated building most of the time you'll be walking around with a clipboard looking for problems that dont exist.

17. Tgz9911

Tgz9911 New Member

Thanks. I appreciate the information. I heard that you do a lot of inspections but didn’t know for sure

18. UnconTROLLed

UnconTROLLed perfection

Bang bang with a hammer or needlessly welding something, waiting for the roach coach

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List