Tgz9911

I am currently waiting for hands on test for pe maintenance mechanic at centennial hub. I am scheduled later this month. I am wondering in anyone could give me any information on shifts there. The hiring department said they think that they’re rotating but didn’t get any other information. I haven’t been offered a job yet but any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

oldngray

nowhere special
I think there are others here who are much better at hands on tests.
How ya doin.gif

Needabiggerhammer

I'm a PE mechanic but not at that hub. Our shifts do not rotate, the shift schedule is laid out for the appropriate coverage and bid by seniority every April. I can't promise you that shifts aren't rotating at that hub but I strongly doubt it. We had to fight to even get 4-10's because they were afraid to deviate from a standard 5 days a week 8 hours a day schedule.

If you don't have a favorite flavor crayon and you have any business doing any industrial maintenance job whatsoever, you will pass the hands on test.

Tgz9911

I'm a PE mechanic but not at that hub. Our shifts do not rotate, the shift schedule is laid out for the appropriate coverage and bid by seniority every April. I can't promise you that shifts aren't rotating at that hub but I strongly doubt it. We had to fight to even get 4-10's because they were afraid to deviate from a standard 5 days a week 8 hours a day schedule.

If you don't have a favorite flavor crayon and you have any business doing any industrial maintenance job whatsoever, you will pass the hands on test.

Thank you. Appreciate the information. I’ve been in manufacturing maintenance for quite some time and every place that I’ve tested into made it sound like the hardest test ever. I still fall for it every time.

Needabiggerhammer

Thank you. Appreciate the information. I’ve been in manufacturing maintenance for quite some time and every place that I’ve tested into made it sound like the hardest test ever. I still fall for it every time.
There are very few if any PE mechanics who regularly post on this site. If you have any questions about the job or the test feel free to PM me. Technically I signed an NDA about the test so I "will not disclose details about the test" if you catch my drift.

"It's a very hard job", be sure you have unlimited data. You'll likely start on a night shift where the building runs wide open.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
There are very few if any PE mechanics who regularly post on this site. If you have any questions about the job or the test feel free to PM me. Technically I signed an NDA about the test so I "will not disclose details about the test" if you catch my drift.

"It's a very hard job", be sure you have unlimited data. You'll likely start on a night shift where the building runs wide open.
What exactly is that job?

Staydryitsraining

I am currently waiting for hands on test for pe maintenance mechanic at centennial hub. I am scheduled later this month. I am wondering in anyone could give me any information on shifts there. The hiring department said they think that they’re rotating but didn’t get any other information. I haven’t been offered a job yet but any information would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Start at 27 end at 45 after 2 years. Same benefits as a driver but make alot more and do alot less. If you work in a automated building most of the time you'll be walking around with a clipboard looking for problems that dont exist.

Tgz9911

Start at 27 end at 45 after 2 years. Same benefits as a driver but make alot more and do alot less. If you work in a automated building most of the time you'll be walking around with a clipboard looking for problems that dont exist.
Thanks. I appreciate the information. I heard that you do a lot of inspections but didn’t know for sure

Lou G

Hello, I'm not sure how to private message you through here, so I decided to reply to this thread and hopefully you can reach back to me and help. I am scheduled to take the Plant Engineering written exam this upcoming Monday, November 9th. Is there any advice/tips you can give me on what to expect on the exam, what to study on and how to pass it, etc? Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Hello, I'm not sure how to private message you through here, so I decided to reply to this thread and hopefully you can reach back to me and help. I am scheduled to take the Plant Engineering written exam this upcoming Monday, November 9th. Is there any advice/tips you can give me on what to expect on the exam, what to study on and how to pass it, etc? Thank you in advance, I really appreciate it.

Can you operate a flashlight and carry a clipboard like you mean it

If so you’re in