Center instructed to ignore DIAD training

Buck Fifty

Last instruction we got was to not sheet and bring into the clerk. So now we have drivers who sheet it damaged, and some sheet it NI1, and others who sheet it missed, and still others that sheet it other, other (believe it or not.). 2 words : Cluster friend* !!! or it could be put together for 1 word, or you could hyphenate it ( guess that would still be 1 word, or well........ friend* It (2 words) .

nicky

We were actually told that if we didnt do the training we would be in trouble... Then we were told to ignore the training. And continue to do things the way we have been. We have to call in to see how they want us to sheet them.

kingOFchester

UPS really knows how to make things more complicated then it is.... So tired of it.
Day after training I had a leaking package of juice.
Sent message in stating "have a box of juice leaking, please advice."
Reply back was sheet either NI1 NSL
I worked as directed.

Being that I wasn't comfortable ignoring training and not comfortable ignoring sup, "I now send message stating have a damaged package I did not sheet and will bring to office." I clock out with stop still in EDD and give the package to the sup or center manager. Then allow them to cheat or hide the said package. It worked the last time, will see how it goes next time. We get a LOT of damaged packages in my center.

OldManAllowance

This is nothing new. For years the correct procedure was to record any damage as "missed". But along the lines of reporting, many people have "created" their on methods..mangement as well as hourlies. The preload is instructed not to load a suspected damage. But we all know how that can go. What everyone needs to remember that with our technology, you leave an audit trail. Anyone can investigate your keystrokes and can see what you are doing. It's better to follow the methods.

Indecisi0n

I really dont care. Customers get mad and i'll explain the entire process to them. IE Why we can't sheet damaged because of UPS "bad lists" and so on.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I really dont care. Customers get mad and i'll explain the entire process to them. IE Why we can't sheet damaged because of UPS "bad lists" and so on.

You may want to refrain from doing this----if a customer asks you about something within our operations you should simply tell them you are unable to comment and move on. If they persist give them the local number to the center.

We were told for years to use Future. Our center manager has not commented since we took this training so I am going to assume that he wants us to follow the new directives and will adjust accordingly.

Indecisi0n

You may want to refrain from doing this----if a customer asks you about something within our operations you should simply tell them you are unable to comment and move on. If they persist give them the local number to the center.

We were told for years to use Future. Our center manager has not commented since we took this training so I am going to assume that he wants us to follow the new directives and will adjust accordingly.

That will smooth things over :happy-very:

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
If I know the package to be damaged, I sheet it up as damaged.
If I'm not sure, I follow the "procedure of week".
If a customer asked me the status of a package, I tell them the truth.

What I find comical is, that like so many issues, this could be controlled by the company through the DIAD programming.
Instead they continue to attempt to train many thousands of employees to jump through hoops.
If they don't want us to sheet packages as damaged, lock out that option.
If they don't want us to use other/other or unscheduled pickup, ever, then why is it still there?
If they don't want us to stop complete a commercial stop as NI or CLO between 12-1 or after 5, make it impossible.
This company, for some reason, prefers to treat symptoms rather than actually solve problems.
Could it be to perpetuate their top heavy managerial culture?
If they actual solved problems, they might not need as many of them.

Last edited:

tfinnegan

happy exupser
I would deliver it to the customer and ask them if they want to accept it in that condition or they can refuse it. If they accept it sheet it and in the remarks comment crushed..If in fact it is damaged after they open it they can call 1800pickups for damage inspection, maybe only part of order is broke and they need it.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
Being instructed to ignore official company policy and DIAD training is tantamount to dishonesty.

The solution is (a) to file an ART 37 grievance ( over supervision and coercion) and (b) to call the Ethics hotline.

What you want to do is to create a paper trail and force the management person who is issuing these conflicting instructions to justify and explain them in an open forum.

Borderline 9.5

I would deliver it to the customer and ask them if they want to accept it in that condition or they can refuse it. If they accept it sheet it and in the remarks comment crushed..If in fact it is damaged after they open it they can call 1800pickups for damage inspection, maybe only part of order is broke and they need it.

The training addresses this. The customer can accept it and in the remarks put "poss dam" If their is damage then they can call 800 number.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
Nowhere in the training does it say call the center and get the 3rd degree. The training appears to leave it to the professional drivers discretion.

iowa boy

I think scratch said it best why not put an option in the board "hold for inspection"

Funny thing is, we were also told to ignore the diad training we had. we have the option in our boards to "hold for inspection" and we are told to use this to sheet an obviously damaged package.

barnyard

KTM rider
We were also told to ignore the diad training at Thursday's PCM.

If a package is damaged, we are not supposed to sheet it, but bring in to the clerk. If it is not damaged, it will be sheeted as missed, if it is damaged, blah, blah, blah. We were also told that, "UPS does not insure cardboard. The box may be damaged, but the contents are fine. Do not sheet a package as damaged, unless you know the contents are damaged. blah, blah, blah."

Overpaid Union Thug

If an ATTEMPT is made to deliver the package and it's refused (whether it's damaged or not) then why the hell are we expected to sheet as missed??????? It's dishonest pure and simple.