Center instructed to ignore DIAD training

Dragon

Package Center Manager
Customer happens to be or know someone high up in the chain of command. The higher up comes down on the center, will your management team tell corporate that they instructed you to sheet as refused? Will they take the heat for falsifying records?

sometimes even we push back against the brown machine..question is..how long can we push back...

Overpaid Union Thug

I do not think you are looking at that correctly.

Very few customers pack their items per UPS guidelines. If a package is packed in paperboard, there is no way it is going through the system undamaged. Same thing if a package has 2 or 3 labels on it. That box is going to zig zig through the system until it is cardboard dust. A box that has been reused 10 times, at the bottom of a tier, is going to crush. Is that our fault??? I think not. How about the packages that fall because the tier fell because of the too many times reused box???

For the most part, packages that are packed per the guidelines make it through the system just fine. The ones that mess the system up and wreck it for everyone are the ones that are not.

Actually I'm looking at it from a customer's point of view. And many customers don't tolerate damaged boxes. When I worked in a water heater factory years ago Sears was one of our customers and they would return each and every unit that had as so much as a small tear on the box. And without even looking at the actual water heaters. Their philosophy is that if the box is worn and torn then the contents probably are too. Either way.....the training (and methods) state that we aren't supposed to deliver damaged PACKAGES and doesn't end with ".....only if the contents are damaged or unless the boxes chosen by the customers were already worn."

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Our center did the DIAD training for damage packages that taught us to sheet them as missed. Our center manager then instructed all of us to ignore the training because he did not agree with it! He still wants us to sheet them as NI1 customer refused. Why does Atlanta allow this?

Tell your center manager to put in writing, on UPS letterhead, with his signature beside his name. Explain to him that you just want conformation to avoid this coming back on you.

That should end this whole episode.