Central states- ground pay for air drivers

bart

Yes it does, for the time they are delivering.

When they are done air driving, and start sweeping floors for their other hours, Article 40 does not afford them drivers rate to sweep floors.

The Central does, if they air drove more than 4 hours, delivering ground, and getting ground rate for those 4+ hours.

They then get ground rate for sweeping floors, or preloading, or unloading.

Where is this in the contract? What state are you in? Is this straight across the board for exception air drivers or does it change from Region to Region? I am in Central.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Where is this in the contract? What state are you in? Is this straight across the board for exception air drivers or does it change from Region to Region? I am in Central.

It sounds like you're a part-time air exception driver. I'm assuming you're a preloader or a sorter.

While you're preloading or sorting, you're covered under the Central Region Supplement. When you are an driver, you're covered under article 40 of the Master.

If you pick up or deliver ground while you are driving, you get ground rate only for the time that you actually are air driving, the time that you're covered under article 40 of the Master.

Working more than four hours in a classification at a higher rate, and getting paid for that a higher rate for the entire day, only applies to full time employees.

Article 12 Section 5 of the Central.

What'dyabringmetoday???

It sounds like you're a part-time air exception driver. I'm assuming you're a preloader or a sorter.

While you're preloading or sorting, you're covered under the Central Region Supplement. When you are an driver, you're covered under article 40 of the Master.

If you pick up or deliver ground while you are driving, you get ground rate only for the time that you actually are air driving, the time that you're covered under article 40 of the Master.

Working more than four hours in a classification at a higher rate, and getting paid for that a higher rate for the entire day, only applies to full time employees.

Article 12 Section 5 of the Central.
It would be a lot easier if they just gave everyone the same pay rate. Lol.

bart

I already tried explaining this stuff to her. I believe the ground exception violation can be augmented by supplement language.
I know you have tried to explain this to me but as a PT air exception driver not a bid driver how should I get paid? We are now in peak and I need to have concrete proof to take into management that it is ground all day! As far as my steward can find there is nothing anywhere about pay for exception drivers. I filed a grievance but management snowballed the steward and said they were working on it so he never filed it. The same song and dance I have been hearing since summer. We are working on it but I never saw a check!

I know you have tried to explain this to me but as a PT air exception driver not a bid driver how should I get paid? We are now in peak and I need to have concrete proof to take into management that it is ground all day! As far as my steward can find there is nothing anywhere about pay for exception drivers. I filed a grievance but management snowballed the steward and said they were working on it so he never filed it. The same song and dance I have been hearing since summer. We are working on it but I never saw a check!
Art 40. You will only receive top ground pay for the time spent driving even if you only pick up or deliver one ground package. Working inside you will receive your normal PT pay rate plus OT when you go over 8 hours.

bart

Art 40. You will only receive top ground pay for the time spent driving even if you only pick up or deliver one ground package. Working inside you will receive your normal PT pay rate plus OT when you go over 8 hours.
So this peak I am 2nd sort, then shuttling to drivers then delivering ground and then covering air pickups at night. Which would be ground pay?

So this peak I am 2nd sort, then shuttling to drivers then delivering ground and then covering air pickups at night. Which would be ground pay?
All of the driving part. They may try to get over on the shuttling part but as long as you are delivering ground you should be paid top driver rate. It is a penalty pay for a contract violation.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star

I think your question has been answered a few times. The stuff I was referring to is the difference between the internal company organization versus the union organization. The fact that the company put you in a different district according to their organization map doesn't change what contract language you are working under.

As for how long it's been taking to fix your pay, you need to start filing for penalty pay on top of the shortage. Keep doing it every week until you get what you are owed.