Central States penson fund is ready to go under.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
Rocky,

If I understood you right, you are in Mississippi.
Your lack of hearing about the APWA is puzzling to me. I know for a fact that the APWA has held several meetings in different parts of MISS. and the surrounding states. I beleive the gulf coast regional director for the APWA is located in either Miss., or Louisiana.
As far as this being a one region thing. The APWA now has members in 48 of 50 states, excluding Alaska and Hawaii. So, you see, just because you have not heard of it else where, does not mean that it isn't happening.

Sorry, Sawdust. Apparently, I didn't word my post right. No, I'm not in the State of Mississippi. I'm in Colorado.

What my post meant to say is that I haven't heard a word about the APWA from anyone west of the Mississippi River. However, cheers on members in 48 of the 50 states! That's a start! -Rocky

Fredless

APWA Hater
I'd provide a small match - up to a certain figure - say $500/yr over a 5 year vesting schedule - for employees with a hire date after 2008.

No match for anyone currently employed and represented by Teamsters.

Too much money has been pissed away on you already.

After the 1997 strike no Teamster is worthy of employment at UPS anyway.

I'd really rather permanently replace you AND your pension with new employees who have a 401(k) with NO match.

Maybe UPS can't survive without you. I'm willing to roll the dice and risk it.

So are many others.

I don't know if you realize it or not.

My eyes are seeing it Mr. Manager. Why else have you made PAS? Its not to save fuel primarily or to deliver better customer service like you claim, its to eliminate to skilled jobs of the preloader and the driver. PAS has been in my center for almost 3 years now, and last peak was awesome at my center..and I told my on road this (I am just an air driver) and he said "next year, every driver will make 9.5 during peak. we will make pas work."

Just like the whiteboard campaign with the delivery intercept. It used to take me 1 minute or so to pull a DCR from the log, and address get the package address corrected, held etc. Now with the UDI incorporated into the tracking system, the UPS UDC and E2DC programs automatically see the delivery intercept and in 10 seconds or less I can have the package address corrected and on the belt. May seem like a small difference, but add that up over 100's of packages, that eliminates a job and makes the job that more easy to pickup from someone who has no knowledge of our system.

I still believe PAS was created, and why UPS has kept it is to break the Union. If we go on strike in 2008 and UPS actually has the PAS system ironed out by then, we will rely on the pilots more than ever. Any dummy can look at a PAS label, load it on the truck and the driver doesn't really have to know what his next 10 stops are in the truck anymore either, look at EDD, grab the package and go. How skilled will the scab really have to be during a strike?

trickpony1

I still believe PAS was created, and why UPS has kept it is to break the Union. If we go on strike in 2008 and UPS actually has the PAS system ironed out by then, we will rely on the pilots more than ever. Any dummy can look at a PAS label, load it on the truck and the driver doesn't really have to know what his next 10 stops are in the truck anymore either, look at EDD, grab the package and go. How skilled will the scab really have to be during a strike?
I agree completely. A person would have to be a fool to think any different.
Further complex a possible strike by the company importing bus loads of our "south of the Rio Grand River compadres" to replace us at $10 an hour (our new spanish speaking drivers will think they died and gone to heaven).

W

westsideworma

I agree completely. A person would have to be a fool to think any different.
Further complex a possible strike by the company importing bus loads of our "south of the Rio Grand River compadres" to replace us at $10 an hour (our new spanish speaking drivers will think they died and gone to heaven).

I agree as well, as well as to strip one more position of "skilled labor" title or pay grade 42. I bet they will be looking to strip that extra dollar many on the preload get (though not all get it) too. It also hurts the chances of any of us on the preload (or any PT shift really) seeing a wage increase. Though I think my job is more of a pain in the @$$ now because of it, but thats another topic thats been done to death.

raceanoncr

Hey, everybody!!! I think we've found one of the good guys here! Look at this quote:

02/07/07, from Engineer79
"I am not calling you names or anyone else names..."

But, wait...what's this?

02/04/07
"You knuckleheads..."

"Once again, I will call you naive..."

01/01/07
"Take your head out of your a**..."

Well, it was probably just an early slip in the writing career of Engineer79. I'm sure he hasn't said anything like that since.

What's this?

03/11/07
"You must be a mental midget..."

03/15/07
"Only a maroon such as yourself can deny..."

"Must you be ignorant on everything or is it your nature"

03/24/07
"Is it your nature to keep asking stupid questions."

03/25/07
"These other clowns just spew..."

"Where do you come up with the stupidity?"

03/31/07
"You make it too easy to show how stupid you are."

04/07/07
"You have half a notion as well as half a brain."

"Brett, unfortunately proves time and time again how ignorant he is by what he says."

Geez, could it be the same person that said all these nasty things? The same person that wants to lead us into a new era of union leadership?

I am appalled!!!

Well, maybe I shouldn't be. I just read this:

02/24/07
"I am much more knowledgable and educated than you ever will be." From the same person...Engineer79.

I guess I really want someone like him leading me as a "brother". Somebody that really sticks to his word!!!!!! One that is WAY smarter than me!!!!!

sawdusttv

I would much rather have someone who will stand up and tell you exactly what he thinks, whether I like it or not, than have some one that skirts the issues all the time, which the teamsters are masters at.

upsdawg

UPSDAWG
No way--Poway!! It was a rather point blank comment about your thoughts about Teamsters!!

Regarding what kind of a match-----the Overnite folks were on a 7 or 12 % match---whatever they were at I think would work.The non-union side of UPS has a 401k match of 3%, in addition to a pension----and I really see this changing to freeze the current pension and increase the 401k match.

brett636

No way--Poway!! It was a rather point blank comment about your thoughts about Teamsters!!

Regarding what kind of a match-----the Overnite folks were on a 7 or 12 % match---whatever they were at I think would work.The non-union side of UPS has a 401k match of 3%, in addition to a pension----and I really see this changing to freeze the current pension and increase the 401k match.

Poway is just a troll looking for responses like this. I've seen him post in other threads in the same manner under different names. I'm betting he is either a disgruntled stock holder or a manager, or both. If he is in any position of power he only proves why we need unions.

raceanoncr

I have no problem giving respect where respect is due. However, when I post the facts, and verify where anyone can find it,but people still question the data without checking out the truth, then I can't bring myself to respect those people.

So your disrespect expresses itself in your name calling?

Bill

Hey, everybody!!! I think we've found one of the good guys here! Look at this quote:

02/07/07, from Engineer79
"I am not calling you names or anyone else names..."

But, wait...what's this?

02/04/07
"You knuckleheads..."

"Once again, I will call you naive..."

01/01/07
"Take your head out of your a**..."

Well, it was probably just an early slip in the writing career of Engineer79. I'm sure he hasn't said anything like that since.

What's this?

03/11/07
"You must be a mental midget..."

03/15/07
"Only a maroon such as yourself can deny..."

"Must you be ignorant on everything or is it your nature"

03/24/07
"Is it your nature to keep asking stupid questions."

03/25/07
"These other clowns just spew..."

"Where do you come up with the stupidity?"

03/31/07
"You make it too easy to show how stupid you are."

04/07/07
"You have half a notion as well as half a brain."

"Brett, unfortunately proves time and time again how ignorant he is by what he says."

Geez, could it be the same person that said all these nasty things? The same person that wants to lead us into a new era of union leadership?

I am appalled!!!

Well, maybe I shouldn't be. I just read this:

02/24/07
"I am much more knowledgable and educated than you ever will be." From the same person...Engineer79.

I guess I really want someone like him leading me as a "brother". Somebody that really sticks to his word!!!!!! One that is WAY smarter than me!!!!!
You are just like the typical Teamster, telling only half the story. Why don't you list the posts that I responded to, and you will see why my responses were appropriate. I stand by every statement that I have made.
As an example, I recently quoted the facts from the annual report from Central States, but one of your loyal Teamster buddies still denied the truth, even after I told him where he can obtain the same facts for himself to check out to verify what I have stated. He didn't bother to check out my information, but said that I pulled these figures out of my a**. what do you expect me to call him? Should I praise him for his stupidity, because he doesn't know better. If he had taken the time to see the facts for himself, he would see that I was giving truthful information, unlike the Teamsters, who have nothing to offer, so they must spew the propaganda. If I had lied and posted false information, you people would be all over it, and I would lose credibility, but not one of you Teamsters have been able to deny the numbers that are in the annual report from Central States. Why is that? Could I be right! If you can prove that the facts and figures that I posted are wrong, them I will no longer write anything on this site. Why don't you and your Teamster cronies do the same.
You should be more concerned about the problem with our medical and pension benefits. The Teamsters can't fix it, and they have no plan, other than to lie to the workers who back them up. At least the APWA has a viable plan, one that can work, and is at least honest with the people backing them up. One question that I keep asking you pro-Teamsters, but you refuse to answer: What do the Teamsters offer that benefit the workers? They can't negotiate a contract that doesn't benefit themselves, they are forced to make cuts to our medical and pension , even though UPS gives more than enough money to fully fund each one, the raises we received the last 5 years were negated by cuts and the cost of living, so the reality is that we actually are earning less.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
You are just like the typical Teamster, telling only half the story. Why don't you list the posts that I responded to, and you will see why my responses were appropriate. I stand by every statement that I have made.

Yo, ENGINEER!!!! EASE UP!!!!! Personally, I don't doubt the credibility of your research. My biggest problem is the attitude, tone and word choice you select in responding to posts. I'm a pretty level-headed kinda guy. My impression of my friend race is he is of a similar inclination. Insulting or name-calling gets you nowhere here, sir. Be civilized, objective in your posts, reasonable in your replies and you might be surprised what happens. -Rocky

raceanoncr

As an example, I recently quoted the facts from the annual report from Central States, but one of your loyal Teamster buddies still denied the truth, even after I told him where he can obtain the same facts for himself to check out to verify what I have stated. He didn't bother to check out my information, but said that I pulled these figures out of my a**. what do you expect me to call him? Should I praise him for his stupidity, because he doesn't know better. If he had taken the time to see the facts for himself, he would see that I was giving truthful information, unlike the Teamsters, who have nothing to offer, so they must spew the propaganda. If I had lied and posted false information, you people would be all over it, and I would lose credibility, but not one of you Teamsters have been able to deny the numbers that are in the annual report from Central States. Why is that? Could I be right! If you can prove that the facts and figures that I posted are wrong, them I will no longer write anything on this site. Why don't you and your Teamster cronies do the same.
You should be more concerned about the problem with our medical and pension benefits. The Teamsters can't fix it, and they have no plan, other than to lie to the workers who back them up. At least the APWA has a viable plan, one that can work, and is at least honest with the people backing them up. One question that I keep asking you pro-Teamsters, but you refuse to answer: What do the Teamsters offer that benefit the workers? They can't negotiate a contract that doesn't benefit themselves, they are forced to make cuts to our medical and pension , even though UPS gives more than enough money to fully fund each one, the raises we received the last 5 years were negated by cuts and the cost of living, so the reality is that we actually are earning less.

Appropriate? APPROPRIATE? Calling people names is appropriate? Yeah, I can list the whole post but would that prove that vial language was appropriate?

"Typical Teamster", only telling half the story. Yeah, 300,000 people are "typical". Should we go through all the APWA supporters posts and see what kinda language most, notice, I said MOST, of them are using? If there is a ring of similarity in all of them, then I guess we can call all of them "Typical APWAers", huh?

What an "educated" comment! You could be a motivational speaker!!!

krash

Go big orange
If you had 20 or more full time years before the changes were made in 2003, your retirement age was set at 62 years, but if you unfortunately did not, you will have to work until the age of 65.
That's a bold face lie.
You can retire when ever you want!!
You will be penalized for retiring before 62.
I can receive over 3000 at 58

3brownstars

That's a bold face lie.

I don't think he was trying to lie he was jast saying that the age limits were set at 62/65 for the penelty charge.

If you could give us some your age and length of service, I think that would be helpful. Are you in Central States? Would you please give us your final amount after paying insurance and your survivor benefit (if you choose it)? What happens to the money after you and your spouse pass away? If you want to work somewhere after leaving UPS (cause 58 is still fairly young to retire completly), how will that affect your pension?

Thank you.

sawdusttv

I don't think he was trying to lie he was jast saying that the age limits were set at 62/65 for the penelty charge.

If you could give us some your age and length of service, I think that would be helpful. Are you in Central States? Would you please give us your final amount after paying insurance and your survivor benefit (if you choose it)? What happens to the money after you and your spouse pass away? If you want to work somewhere after leaving UPS (cause 58 is still fairly young to retire completly), how will that affect your pension?

Thank you.

Well said, brownstar!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

krash

Go big orange
3brown,
He might not have meant to lie, but he did. He knows what he posted and that he posted it to mislead and deceive.
I have been with UPS for 20, 10 of which is PT and I am in CS. I also have 2 years credit elsewhere.
I don't plan on retiring at 58, I plan on working till 62. Which I believe is the age medicade kicks in(correct me if I'm wrong). I don't plan on working after retiring since the point of retiring is to not work. I plan on having enough in my 401k and elsewhere to not need to opt for survivor beni's.
As far as the money after I pass away, I dont care. I'll be dead, right. The money was put in for my retirement, not my kids, or grand kids, or great grand kids, or great great grand kids.......etc.
Now is APWA also "projecting" that after you pass, you can will your retirement to someone else?

wildgoose

WILDGOOSE
3brown,
He might not have meant to lie, but he did. He knows what he posted and that he posted it to mislead and deceive.
I have been with UPS for 20, 10 of which is PT and I am in CS. I also have 2 years credit elsewhere.
I don't plan on retiring at 58, I plan on working till 62. Which I believe is the age medicade kicks in(correct me if I'm wrong). I don't plan on working after retiring since the point of retiring is to not work. I plan on having enough in my 401k and elsewhere to not need to opt for survivor beni's.
As far as the money after I pass away, I dont care. I'll be dead, right. The money was put in for my retirement, not my kids, or grand kids, or great grand kids, or great great grand kids.......etc.
Now is APWA also "projecting" that after you pass, you can will your retirement to someone else?
Medicare kicks in at 65 for sure. Penalties are 6% per year under the 65 years old group of less than 20 years by 2003 Now. If you had over 20 years at that time you can retire with no penalties at 62 years old but will have to pay for insurance. No insurance offers under 57 years of age - Your on your own ! APWA will pass on balance of fund to your family is what your hearing and thats correct. Otherwise your spouse is recepient of remaining retirement. Now if you retire with Central States and work another job you have to ask the local and the international has the final say so on where you work ?
This is what i call a no win situation all around and they are finding more ways not to enjoy your retirement you supposebly earned by the teamsters :w00t: Truth or consequences !

3brownstars

3brown,

I'm not sure about the medicare age. Let's say you do retire at 62 with medicare, do you know what your retirement will be (based on todays numbers) and how many years of sevice will you have in at age 62.

One other thing, if you don't care about leaving your retirement contributions to your kids, grandkids...... how about you leave me the money that will be in your 401k when your DEAD. Just send me a private message and we can work out all the details. Thanks in advance- STARS

Bill

Appropriate? APPROPRIATE? Calling people names is appropriate? Yeah, I can list the whole post but would that prove that vial language was appropriate?

"Typical Teamster", only telling half the story. Yeah, 300,000 people are "typical". Should we go through all the APWA supporters posts and see what kinda language most, notice, I said MOST, of them are using? If there is a ring of similarity in all of them, then I guess we can call all of them "Typical APWAers", huh?

What an "educated" comment! You could be a motivational speaker!!!
At least I post the facts, which is better than the typical Teamster response of lies and propaganda. I have done nothing but try to educate the people reading this forum. I give the facts and verify as to where anyone can find this information. The Teamster responses have no credibility to them as they are opinions and lies which can not be verified.

Bill

That's a bold face lie.
If you are in Central States, the rules have changed. Of course you can retire anytime you like, but there are stiff penalties to be paid if you do. The 30 and out pension plan has been eliminated. why don't you check the web at www.centralstates.org punch in your personal data and see what they are promising you. If you read on further, you will see that it is NOT GUARANTEED. By forcing us to work until the age of 62 or 65, they are only delaying the inevitable. The pension fund is in a critical status, that it is beyond correction. When everyone starts retiring 10 years later, the fund (assuming it is still operational), will be overburdened with additional liabilities, and that is why it is not guaranteed.