ceo interview with newspaper...interesting???

Coldworld

60 months and counting

it seems like everything is going well. smoke and mirrors, hmmmm, what do others think??

Last edited:

moreluck

golden ticket member
Eskew mentioned in the interview about delivering packages himself. So many people on this board have said he never delivered packages.

I don't see it as smoke and mirrors. Sometimes saying too much is not good for business....like Scott Davis when he reports earnings.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ok, how long do you think he delivered packages.....not long.Thats the problem with some management, they forget the basics of this company, the thing that lets ups buy other companies, units, technology, banks etc. Its the small package service. Remember, the thing that started in seattle almost 100 years ago. Remember the word "service" the most important word that this company hammered into people for almost 100 years. To some management the customer is a nobody, not important. thats pretty pathetic.

disneyworld

Ok, how long do you think he delivered packages.....not long.Thats the problem with some management, they forget the basics of this company, the thing that lets ups buy other companies, units, technology, banks etc. Its the small package service. Remember, the thing that started in seattle almost 100 years ago. Remember the word "service" the most important word that this company hammered into people for almost 100 years. To some management the customer is a nobody, not important. thats pretty pathetic.
That's the "New and Improved" UPS. Get out or get used to it.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
new and improved huh, please. maybe you should go start your own blog. "brown cafe management" This was taken from an article about the turkey tradition at ups. It gives everybody an insite of management at ups or any corporate company these days.

"UPS requires Norbest to supply turkeys that weigh between 12 and 15 pounds. One manager recalled that in the past the size of the birds varied more, with the weight written on the outside of each boxed turkey, sparking a rush as managers at the corporate headquarters hurried to snag a big bird."

Haha, did you all catch that. Here we have management in the upper levels of this great company of ours and all the perks and stock they receive but they have to top it off with a turkey thats 4 pounds larger than the other manager. And people want to know why some management gets looked so poorly upon by others in the company. Im convienced thats its not because of the union either.

Maybe theres a reason why corporate is looking at management to get rid of. Pay them off and kick them out the door. Problem is that they need to do this from the top down, not the other way around.

moreluck

golden ticket member
coldworld....that's more of a "human nature" thing than a mgmt. thing. We live in such a "me, me, me" world today. Actually the smaller ones are tastier, I think.

I often find myself saying, "whatever happened to common courtesy?" Oh, don't get me started!!

Coldworld

60 months and counting
your right common cursity is nowhere to be found anymore. Its just spilled over into the business world as well. I will continue to give friendlier, more timely service than dhl and fedex on my route and let management deal with this company. Hey, what happens happens and theres not much any of us can do about it. When you continue to beat down your front line troops look what happens. Ask bush that, even that guy can finally learn that you can continue to do the same stupid policies and finally you have to stop and question things. Too bad its been 100 years and ups hasnt done the same thing.