chat room

W

wily_old_vet

Cheryl-The new chat version is nice except for the stupid prerecorded users (robot, lucid and brown). Why are they being used

H

hubrat

Yeah...(Username)Brown said a couple of really inappropriate things in there.
cop_icon.gif

D

dannyboy

There will allways be a few that abuse things and make it tough for the rest. If it continues, I am sure the boss can and will take care of it. After all it is her house, and we are guests.

d

C

cheryl

As some of you have noticed there was an artificial intelligence chatterbot (bot) in the main chatroom for a couple of days. In response to the complaints posted here and the others that I received by email the bot has been moved to a secondary chat room.

For those of you that are interested in finding out more about the bot a great resource is A.L.I.C.E. (Artificial Intelligence Foundation). This bot is based on the original Loebner Prizewinning AIML (Artificial Intelligence Markup Language) set. There is plenty of room to develop its personality by improving its AIML so I hope to gradually learn to rewrite the bot's program to improve it's ability to converse.

To those of you that found it annoying I'm very sorry to have inconvenienced you.

All comments, suggestions and complaints are welcome here. Thank you for taking the time to bring this issue to my attention.

icon99.gif

W

wily_old_vet

Cheryl-Thanks. I kept telling Hubrat and others that Brown wasn't real. At least I'm not losing my mind. At one point we had 6 people in the room last night so keep up the good work. Thanks for all you do to keep this site cutting edge and informative.
cheers.gif

W

wily_old_vet

johnkyblue-go to the list of discussion threads and right above the list there is a link to the chat room.
happy.gif

C

cheryl

NevadaPaul,

Your comments will certainly help me, as I am constantly revising and upgrading the Brown Cafe. If you have the time I would greatly appreciate it if you could be more specific about the reasons why you have condemned the chat room to failure.

If you used the Brown Cafe in 1999 you may remember that I installed 2 other types of discussion boards before trying this one. The first 2 discussion boards were "failures".

"Success is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm." Winston Churchill

It is my goal to provide a wide variety of resources to serve the diverse UPS community. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinion.

W

wily_old_vet

nevadapaul-not so. the last few nights around 10 p.m. est there have been 4-5 people in there and once cheryl got rid of the bot ("bot)tled him up so to speak it's been fun talking with the various people who've come in. I admit that up until this week I rarely found anyone there but don't give up on it. Cheryl was there the other night and she is great, very responsive.
grin.gif

T

trickpony1

Cheryl,
I think you are doing an excellent job thus far!
I haven't tried the chat room yet but I am sure it will attain the excellence this message board has.
Thanks again.

T

tonyexpress

Nevada,

The only failure is your failing to recognize success when you see it. Cheryl does an excellent job on this website and is responsive to even the likes of you.
clapbounce.gif

N

nevadapaul

Tonyexpress/Trick, been watching the chat room attendees and never seem to see you two. Is it possible your unable to find the entrance?