No update for two days.

Crosscutters

I’m beginning to wonder what’s up now. Why have we heard nothing for two days And considering we all pay their salary it would be nice to know we’re not being used as teamsters pawns to get other people to join the union. Get together and stare at walls as far as I’m concerned. But do something.

Crosscutters

I just want them to meet. It may go nowhere. But that’s the job . Stare at each other for the next 13 days. But to go around blaming the other isn’t helping you or I.

I’m beginning to wonder what’s up now. Why have we heard nothing for two days And considering we all pay their salary it would be nice to know we’re not being used as teamsters pawns to get other people to join the union. Get together and stare at walls as far as I’m concerned. But do something.
Always keep in mind, unions are businesses too.

If we lose 50k workers to gain 250k at Amazon, it's worth it to them.

Crosscutters

Always keep in mind, unions are businesses too.

If we lose 50k workers to gain 250k at Amazon, it's worth it to them.
And I’m all for expansion. But our future shouldn’t be held hostage either. I’m not saying we should settle for less. I’m just never in favor of waiting til the deadline to talk. I’m pretty sure O’Brien will still get paid 100% of his salary for not getting a contract approved on time.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
And I’m all for expansion. But our future shouldn’t be held hostage either. I’m not saying we should settle for less. I’m just never in favor of waiting til the deadline to talk. I’m pretty sure O’Brien will still get paid 100% of his salary for not getting a contract approved on time.
Okay.

So who picks up the phone?
Whoever does has a disadvantage going back into negotiations.

Unfortunately, this is where we're at. We are going for an aggressive contract, and that means we need to be willing to fight for it.
The collective masses voted in the man that ran on saying he would be militant, and make an example of UPS.

And now we are getting to see who is willing to put their money where their mouth is.

Okay.

Unfortunately, this is where we're at. We are going for an aggressive contract, and that means we need to be willing to fight for it.
The collective masses voted in the man that ran on saying he would be militant, and make an example of UPS.

And now we are getting to see who is willing to put their money where their mouth is.
I'm calling Carol

Crosscutters

Okay.

Don’t get me wrong . I’m glad Hoffa and his minions are gone .

Okay.

The momentum is easy to swing for UPS. They're proud of their offer, put it in a LBFO and let the world see it. Make SOB make a move. Put it out there with a big media blitz and force SOB to trail you at every stop trying to explain why it's not good. UPS looks awful right now and they are not gaining any support by staying silent on the negotiating and media fronts.

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
The momentum is easy to swing for UPS. They're proud of their offer, put it in a LBFO and let the world see it. Make SOB make a move. Put it out there with a big media blitz and force SOB to trail you at every stop trying to explain why it's not good. UPS looks awful right now and they are not gaining any support by staying silent on the negotiating and media fronts.
Which is why I think they are choosing to strike.

We're bleeding pickup volume to competitors every day.
Customers jumping ship.

They'd try to stem the bleeding if they wanted a peaceful resolution.

This is UPS choosing to play hard ball with someone that was playing hard ball with them.
Which leaves us with two options.

Fold, or fight.

Which is why I think they are choosing to strike.

We're bleeding pickup volume to competitors every day.
Customers jumping ship.

They'd try to stem the bleeding if they wanted a peaceful resolution.

This is UPS choosing to play hard ball with someone that was playing hard ball with them.
Which leaves us with two options.

Fold, or fight.
The shareholders won't like a strike