Check this out.

Cuban100%

So this morning my Stupidvisor called me, asking why I ran over 1 hour over on Friday.. I was like well ORO wa showing that my last stop should be at 19:56 and my last scan was a 20:10 with 208 stops on a split route, he started talking :censored2: saying that is not working out that I should get a new job!!

I'm a Cover driver and not a full time yet, I'm not going to leave ups but I just wanna see if I have that's OK for a UPS supervisor to talk to a employee like that knowing that we have familys but I notice that they don't care for us, can a complain for him been an Ass?

Poop Head

Judge me.
Did he call you at home?
Shoulda said you'll talk about it on the clock.
Obviously he got pooped on by his higher ups about #'s and it's trickling down, or maybe he doesn't like Cubans? Idk

If it happens again, just make fart noises into the phone until he hangs up

Box Ox

Let your supervisor know you'll be calling them every night (before you punch out) that they've already gone home and it looks like you're over allowed. And ask what they'd like you to code out that time as.

Supervisors don't get to call you when you're not working to ask about work stuff (and vice versa). That's an understood mutual respect thing at my center.

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
1) He's a :censored2: for bringing up Friday performance on a Monday.
2) An hour over isn't the worst, especially with a 200 stop residential route.
3) If you haven't made FT yet, you may have to find a higher gear to qualify.
4a) If he called you on the phone, you had no steward and I would make sure the union puts a stop to that.
4b) But you haven't made FT yet, do you really want to screw up your chance to be a driver ??

You have to answer your question yourself.
Do you have what it takes to stay off the radar ?

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
I'd love to know how this is the case. I agree he shouldn't have called him. But talking about the previous day's performance is a :censored2: move? The weekend isn't some magical dry erase board.

Everyone has a bad day.
A great manager will not destroy the tone of a new week unless -

1) He is a repeat offender and has been disciplined before
2) What the employee did was egregious and deserves swift punishment

In my center, I never see drivers talked to on Mondays. Unless it's something fireable, PCM-pretrip-leave.
You quickly turn the work environment toxic if you berate drivers every single day, especially on a Monday.
You start carrying things over a weekend or vacation, you'll find yourself out of a job before the driver.
Just My Opinion
But in this OP's case, he's not strong enough of a driver and repeatedly has bad performance.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
If the Orion computer says his last stop was 19:56, but he did it at 20:10. 14 minute difference. Comes up 1 hour over.
How can the dispatch computer be that far off UPS's performance grade ???
Please explain which system is wrong.
They make :censored2: up hef....they always hAve.. I'm going to be very disappointed if the union doesn't step up and FINALLY starts to address this constant micromanagement....being efficient is one thing but it has gone wAy past that... and the workgroup needs to start standing up for themselves and this starts with stronger language...nobody needs to dread coming to work every day only to be smothered with reports and be talked down to on a continuing basis because your performance is being analyzed next to a 23 year old who is running all day long... enough is enough!!!

Turdferguson

Just a turd
I'd love to know how this is the case. I agree he shouldn't have called him. But talking about the previous day's performance is a :censored2: move? The weekend isn't some magical dry erase board.
It resets your DOT hours doesn't it? You think UPS is better than everyone else. The rules don't apply to you. Typical management gobbledygoop