Check this out.

Catatonic

Nine Lives
... I should get a new job!!

I'm a Cover driver and not a full time yet, I'm not going to leave ups but I just wanna see if I have that's OK for a UPS supervisor to talk to a employee like that knowing that we have familys but I notice that they don't care for us, can a complain for him been an Ass?
Maybe you should grow up.

barnyard

KTM rider
I was waiting for my boss to jump me about my Friday numbers. I had a horrible load, delivered on both sides of a US highway and a state highway on the Friday after the fishing opener. I new when I punched out I was over and if we would have talked about it this morning, it would not have gone well.

If a boss called me at home to discuss that, I would have hung up, called the shop steward and filed a grievance.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I was waiting for my boss to jump me about my Friday numbers. I had a horrible load, delivered on both sides of a US highway and a state highway on the Friday after the fishing opener. I new when I punched out I was over and if we would have talked about it this morning, it would not have gone well.

If a boss called me at home to discuss that, I would have hung up, called the shop steward and filed a grievance.
Damn barn... playing hard ball!!

Brownsfan

In my building all communication with this guy would be completely severed. The only way this guy would talk to anyone would be with union rep present.
Other buildings maybe different.

Another issue you have is your not full time. So anything you do now could harm your full time probation in the future. It won't be called black balling but that is what it'll be.

Maybe the best thing you could do is talk your union rep and request a short meeting with the manager. Tell him you didn't appreciate what he had to say and that you didn't find it encouraging or helpful.

Tell him if he has any questions about your days performance you are more than willing to explain why the day was so rough. Also if you feel like the measurement is off tell them that as well.

Lastly I'd finish with I'm doing the best I can. If you'd like to help me become a better driver , then please become a partner in my success not in tearing me down.

It also makes me wonder if he has a runner and gunner he likes to use with lesss sonority as you as well. He might just be trying to pressure you into not driving.

Rick Ross

I'm into distribution!!
How can this harm him when he goes full-time? When I was a TCD once qualified you were done qualifying for good. When you went full-time you were red-circled at TCD pay and that was the end of it. I guess either something has changed in the procedure or my building was more laid-back. I will say we had an awesome center manager at that time, guys actually wanted him to succeed because of the way he treated us, maybe he had something to do with that.

Either way this seems like a :censored2: move on the supervisors part. In my area traffic back to the hub could put you over more than an hour, lot's of accidents when everyone is trying to hit the beach Friday afternoon/evening.

Brownsfan

How can this harm him when he goes full-time? When I was a TCD once qualified you were done qualifying for good. When you went full-time you were red-circled at TCD pay and that was the end of it. I guess either something has changed in the procedure or my building was more laid-back. I will say we had an awesome center manager at that time, guys actually wanted him to succeed because of the way he treated us, maybe he had something to do with that.

Either way this seems like a :censored2: move on the supervisors part. In my area traffic back to the hub could put you over more than an hour, lot's of accidents when everyone is trying to hit the beach Friday afternoon/evening.
I'm saying as a part timer this supervisor could hold a grudge if he filed ahmgainst him and make his qualifying hell. I've seen it and heard it.
I asked a supervisor if he was excited for such and such to drive. He said he will not last and I'm gonna make sure I'm right. He was right.