Hockey33

I'm new here and currently looking for a job at UPS in Chicago. Does anyone know which hubs/centers in the Chicago land area have a progression from PT handler to FT driver under a 2 yr wait? I want to be a driver but also know I have to get my foot in the door as a PT handler. I recently got out of the Military. I think I can use my gi bill once I become FT but I'm not completely sure.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
I'm new here and currently looking for a job at UPS in Chicago. Does anyone know which hubs/centers in the Chicago land area have a progression from PT handler to FT driver under a 2 yr wait? I want to be a driver but also know I have to get my foot in the door as a PT handler. I recently got out of the Military. I think I can use my gi bill once I become FT but I'm not completely sure.

What are you going to use your GI bill for once you become full time?

trickpony1

I recently got out of the Military.

I've suggested this before.
If there are any military bases or government agencies in your area put in an application and use your Veterans preference points.

People seem to get caught up in the sparkle, glow and shiny brown trucks and want to make it their life's dream...which is sad.

I wouldn't wait long to do this.

Hockey33

What are you going to use your GI bill for once you become full time?
I think theres a ups program called Registered Apprenticeship. I would use my gi bill for ups and I would get paid by ups and receive a monthly housing allowance from the VA. Does anyone know how difficult it is to get into that program? Thanks

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
I wouldn't do part time. Im sure there are full time off the street jobs. Also if you drove trucks in the military they have programs for you to get a cdl class a

Nike

Dude go Federal, so many gravy federal jobs out there, hell if you got the right military exp go to one of those private security companies that pay 100k a year.

Hockey33

Thanks for all the suggestions. I have a ts clearance but my military job does not transfer to the civilian world and it has no federal job either. It's a one of a kind job in aviation. I also have no driving experience except driving my own car.

Nike

I can't fathom why someone would go ups if they had military exp, and a secret clearance. So many jobs pay at the fed what top drivers here get, plus the jobs there are somewhat more fulfilling and maybe less physical.

barnyard

KTM rider
Way, way, way easier to get a job as a COB at a base. Better pay, easier on your body all of that. If you do not live near a base, get to googling and figure out which bases are hiring in areas of the country where you want to live.