Chickens (and Broken Equipment) Come Home to Roost

MassWineGuy

After years of peaks with our terrible equipment, it’s really melting down this year. I couldn’t start on road today because I had to wait until someone came back with a printer battery. After loading my stuff into a van I found that the defrost fan didn’t work. It was pouring so this was important. Not to mention that even if the defrost was working, the previous driver left just a couple of fumes in the gas tank.

I could have left at least 15 minutes earlier if everything was working. I had many mis-sorts that I couldn’t deliver without getting back too late.

Every day, power pads crash fatally, leaving drivers to collect all the freight and pup it back at the building.

This can’t be good for customer service. I place the blame directly on our senior manager. She’s been well aware of these problems for a long time.

MassWineGuy

Yes. But so many people just don’t write up problems in the VIR. And it’s such a waste of time to switch to a vehicle that works.

falcon back

Should have caught the def. fan defect on pretrip.

Always got a kick out of people who would not crank their truck before the sort, bulk it out, only to realize it wouldn't crank. They always swore it cranked earlier and the battery died during the sort.

bacha29

Always got a kick out of people who would not crank their truck before the sort, bulk it out, only to realize it wouldn't crank. They always swore it cranked earlier and the battery died during the sort.
I suppose that you could go trough all that if you wanted to but what's the point given that Express has adopted the same vehicle maintenance protocol as Ground contractors?..... Don't fix when it's broke....Fix it when it quits running.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I suppose that you could go trough all that if you wanted to but what's the point given that Express has adopted the same vehicle maintenance protocol as Ground contractors?..... Don't fix when it's broke....Fix it when it quits running.
Wrong! Any safety related item is fixed as quickly as mechanics can get parts. Some things might not get fixed as quickly, such as AC in the winter.

Also, the word you’re looking for is “broken”.

bacha29

Wrong! Any safety related item is fixed as quickly as mechanics can get parts. Some things might not get fixed as quickly, such as AC in the winter.

Also, the word you’re looking for is “broken”.
After it 'broke", it quit running. Sounds like you've just returned from the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy. Regardless, I've seen enough Express trucks sitting along the road to know that if it can get out the door under it's own power it's considered to be road worthy.

outtatime

Well you are getting paid (and you code it) to pre-trip so if you don't really do it I suppose it can be considered falsification.

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American
Loser Protocol, Bacha System. download-1.jpg

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
After it 'broke", it quit running. Sounds like you've just returned from the Fedex Mind Control And Reeducation Academy. Regardless, I've seen enough Express trucks sitting along the road to know that if it can get out the door under it's own power it's considered to be road worthy.
Mechanics fix trucks when couriers write them up. If they’re not written up, how will they know to fix them? They’re not just going to take an alternator out looking to see if it works or not. If the turbo goes out in a Sprinter, I doubt the mechanic checked for that during the regular maintenance. You’re trying to state something about Express comparing it to Ground. No comparison when it comes to maintenance of our vehicles.

And as far as you trying to be funny about the FedEx Mind Control Academy, that got old and no longer funny after the second or third time you used it. Kind of like the stupid FedEx/UPS merging joke.

After it broke, it is broken. If he IS broke, he has no money.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is

Laughing at other’s misfortune at this company you seem to love so much? Speaking of bad attitudes.

MassWineGuy

If you write it up in the VIR you’ve obviously not falsified. The biggest problem is drivers not writing up things needing to be fixed.

falcon back

Laughing at other’s misfortune at this company you seem to love so much? Speaking of bad attitudes.
I enjoyed watching the couriers face as they tried to tell their manager and the mechanic the truck cranked an hour ago and the battery died since then. It was almost as good as watching the mechanic and manager trying to keep a straight face and not burst out into laughter while they knew the courier was lying. If a fellow employee wants to screw up and lie about it, why should I care.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
I enjoyed watching the couriers face as they tried to tell their manager and the mechanic the truck cranked an hour ago and the battery died since then. It was almost as good as watching the mechanic and manager trying to keep a straight face and not burst out into laughter while they knew the courier was lying. If a fellow employee wants to screw up and lie about it, why should I care.
I’ll bet you were quite the butt-kisser of your station.

AB831

At my station, if we wrote something up, the mechanics would write “part ordered” and would do nothing. If we wrote it up again, they’d write “part ordered” again and do nothing. After the third or fourth time, they’d go to the manager who would then tell us to stop writing it up. After about three or four cycles of this, they’d finally pull the vehicle.

bacha29

Mechanics fix trucks when couriers write them up. If they’re not written up, how will they know to fix them? They’re not just going to take an alternator out looking to see if it works or not. If the turbo goes out in a Sprinter, I doubt the checked for that during the regular maintenance. You’re trying to state something about Express comparing it to Ground. No comparison when it comes to maintenance of our vehicles.

And as far as you trying to be funny about the FedEx Mind Control Academy, that got old and no longer funny after the second or third time you used it. Kind of like the stupid FedEx/UPS merging joke.

After it broke, it is broken. If he IS broke, he has no money.
The courier is not going to write up what he doesn't know exists. He'll write up what he can see standing up but Is he going to crawl under it and look for cracked spring leaves, leaking brake seals, worn cable linkage, worn idlers ,cracked belts and hoses etc, etc? Of course not. He'll do a quick look around to see if the lights, horn and wipers work. But that's about it.

BTW. It's quite obvious that you have undergone the same brain washing and blind allegiance Old Falcon Fart demonstrates repeatedly.