China "Dog Meat" Festival Begins

rickyb

Prof. Gary Francione‏ @garylfrancione 9h9 hours ago

There's no morally coherent distinction btwn meat &othr animal foods—All involve torture death injustice—All involve bullying the vulnerable

DGAOBF_XUAI2DI6.jpg

rickyb

View attachment 148233

Go vegan. What a joke. That's all we need are more pusillanimous in this world.

I don't see any other carnivorous animals being told they are big bad bullies.
humans arent carnivorous. we evolved from apes and they go over it in "what the health" documentary including how our jaw moves left to right and our teeth which is different than carnivores. probably also has something to do with red meats causing cancer in humans.

btw we already have enough wimps in teh world: people doing everything the same, and not thinking. its a real life dawn of the dead

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
humans arent carnivorous. we evolved from apes and they go over it in "what the health" documentary including how our jaw moves left to right and our teeth which is different than carnivores. probably also has something to do with red meats causing cancer in humans.
We are omnivores.

I prefer to be lean more towards the carnivore side myself.

rickyb

The difference is you got to know the animals you love, but you were alienated from the animals you ate including not knowing how they were raised. this ties back to capitalism as well and is 1 way workers get screwed out of the fruits of their labour:

al·ien·a·tion
ˌālyəˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: alienation

1. the state or experience of being isolated from a group or an activity to which one should belong or in which one should be involved.
    "unemployment may generate a sense of political alienation"
    synonyms: isolation, detachment, estrangement, distance, separation, division;
  2. More
  3. cutting off, turning away
    "my deep sense of alienation"

• loss or lack of sympathy; estrangement.
      "public alienation from bureaucracy"
    • (in Marxist theory) a condition of workers in a capitalist economy, resulting from a lack of identity with the products of their labor and a sense of being controlled or exploited.
    • Psychiatry
      a state of depersonalization or loss of identity in which the self seems unreal, thought to be caused by difficulties in relating to society and the resulting prolonged inhibition of emotion.
    • an effect, sought by some dramatists, whereby the audience remains objective and does not identify with the actors.
      noun: alienation effect; plural noun: alienation effects
    • Law
      the transfer of the ownership of property rights.
      synonyms: isolation, detachment, estrangement, distance, separation, division; More
      cutting off, turning away
Prof. Gary Francione‏ @garylfrancione 6h6 hours ago

DGGJI6iWAAIhRPf.jpg

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The difference is you got to know the animals you love, but you were alienated from the animals you ate including not knowing how they were raised. this ties back to capitalism as well and is 1 way workers get screwed out of the fruits of their labour:

al·ien·a·tion
ˌālyəˈnāSH(ə)n/
noun
noun: alienation

1. the state or experience of being isolated from a group or an activity to which one should belong or in which one should be involved.
    "unemployment may generate a sense of political alienation"
    synonyms: isolation, detachment, estrangement, distance, separation, division;
  2. More
  3. cutting off, turning away

• loss or lack of sympathy; estrangement.
      "public alienation from bureaucracy"
    • (in Marxist theory) a condition of workers in a capitalist economy, resulting from a lack of identity with the products of their labor and a sense of being controlled or exploited.
    • Psychiatry
      a state of depersonalization or loss of identity in which the self seems unreal, thought to be caused by difficulties in relating to society and the resulting prolonged inhibition of emotion.
    • an effect, sought by some dramatists, whereby the audience remains objective and does not identify with the actors.
      noun: alienation effect; plural noun: alienation effects
    • Law
      the transfer of the ownership of property rights.
      synonyms: isolation, detachment, estrangement, distance, separation, division; More
      cutting off, turning away
Prof. Gary Francione‏ @garylfrancione 6h6 hours ago

DGGJI6iWAAIhRPf.jpg
You can love your animals and eat them too.

Small Farmers put everything they have into what they do but their family still has to eat.